Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gmail Hacked please help!!!!

• 08-12-2010 4:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hey everyone,
    Right so im getting married soon and my fiancé set up a new gmail account so everyone can R.S.V.P us if they are coming or not. But the account has been hacked and all the passwords, back up email address and security questions have been changed. WE tried the gmail automated recovery but it doesnt work and they don't have a customer service. Its a disaster and any help would be appreciated thanks alot.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

From this page,

http://mail.google.com/support/bin/request.py?contact_type=contact_policy

Click the "logging in" part and follow the steps.

I couldn't find any link to contact gmail support directly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

the account recovery DOES work as the wife had her account hacked by some tramp in Nigeria (at least from an ip address there) and she invoked the recovery.

unfortunately all mails and contact details were lost in the process.

BTW - when you do access the mail account make sure to check the forwarding settings and also automatic deletion of forwarded messages as our friend the friendly hacker had that set to on so even when we had control of the account we still had messages forwarding to the b@stard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Tommydev

I have tried the account recovery a number of times now and it informs me that i have not given enough information to get the account reset. I think this is because we set up the account especially for the wedding and never used it to email anyone. The only emails we recieved were the ones from gmail welcoming us to the provider.. Thanks for the info

Advertisement