Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Planet X

• 08-12-2010 4:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭

Or Nubira or whatever its known as,there is a huge amount of debate about this being the real deal with some claiming there will be a "second sun" for all to see by May of next yr.

Now I can see if it were true why the likes of NASA would not come out and say we are all gonna perish,so as not to cause mass panic and so on, but my question is this,

What about all the ametuer astronomers who have a good grasp of whats goin on out there? If this threat were real they would see it too and yet it seems no-one of any credibility at least that I am aware of has come out and said its a real danger? Is it BS?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

well for staters a planet and a sun are different things altogether.... not sure if a planet can turn into a sun

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Bjorn Bored.

robtri wrote: »
    well for staters a planet and a sun are different things altogether.... not sure if a planet can turn into a sun

no but it would look like a 2nd sun,not obviously a literal sun!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

not sure if a planet can turn into a sun

Eh Jupiter did.... oh wait...

Of all the ridiculous conspiracy theories, this is the stupidest to be honest. There are hundreds of thousands of amateur astronomers around the world and many of them have equipment just as good as state run bodies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

no but it would look like a 2nd sun,not obviously a literal sun!

so if it not going to turn into a sun .... how are we all going to perish???

I heard that the planet (Nibiru) is on a collision course and will smash in to us or at least come so close that the gravity fecks us up completely. Pick a movie for what to expect. 2012 for instance :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Because it goin to slam into us!!! but before it does it gets bigger and bigger in th sky,some believe that it is hidden behind the sun and will make itself known to us soon.

Saruman wrote: »
    Eh Jupiter did.... oh wait...

Of all the ridiculous conspiracy theories, this is the stupidest to be honest. There are hundreds of thousands of amateur astronomers around the world and many of them have equipment just as good as state run bodies.

that exactly what I think myself,but just cant believe the amount of folks that totally belive this is for real.

From what I read, some girl was told about it by grey aliens and started a website. Clearly the basis for a good conspiracy theory :D

I mean jaysus we can detect planets in other solar systems from the effects of their gravity and so on. I think we could detect one in our own solar system.

And hiding behind the sun? Do these people not realise we orbit the sun? At some point during our 365 day voyage I think we would notice it unless it just happens that nibiru is in the exact same orbit pattern as us but keeps it always behind the sun? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,294 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Because it goin to slam into us!!! but before it does it gets bigger and bigger in th sky,some believe that it is hidden behind the sun and will make itself known to us soon.

Yes. Because planets love the element of surprise. It's been hiding behind the sun, moving around the sun at the exact same rate as earth, but soon it'll jump out from behind the sun and decide to race towards us.

Yes. Because planets love the element of surprise. It's been hiding behind the sun, moving around the sun at the exact same rate as earth, but soon it'll jump out from behind the sun and decide to race towards us.

Queue the tards claiming the aliens will ignite the giant rockets on the planet and send it hurtling from behind the sun and crashing in to earth.

They have had their eyes on our moon for thousands of years and will soon get their paradise :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Or Nubira or whatever its known as,there is a huge amount of debate about this being the real deal with some claiming there will be a "second sun" for all to see by May of next yr.

Now I can see if it were true why the likes of NASA would not come out and say we are all gonna perish,so as not to cause mass panic and so on, but my question is this,

What about all the ametuer astronomers who have a good grasp of whats goin on out there? If this threat were real they would see it too and yet it seems no-one of any credibility at least that I am aware of has come out and said its a real danger? Is it BS?

Yes, it is bullshit. Regardless however, I hope it gets here before Jesus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Torakx

Its going to be close :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭uprising2

Did you know that you can earmark your donation for particular uses? Help to proclaim the Gospel and the warning of Judgment Day May 21, 2011 by sending a donation.
    http://www.wecanknow.com/donations.php

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,943 ✭✭✭wonderfulname

Its pure BS, forget astronomers even those with a very basic understanding of physics can tell you that.

Advertisement