Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RC plane missing, Citywest area

Options
  • 08-12-2010 4:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭

After 2 years of use, I lost my plane :(. I am so disappointed...

I usually fly in a field in front of my place but this time I tried to climb too quickly and the wind carried the plane further from me. I then lost orientation as I couldn't see if the plane was coming back or going further... I'm still trying to understand how I could let this happened, I am so annoyed at myself.

So the plane crashed somewhere in Citywest, around 1.30pm on monday, and I didn't even leave my phone number on the plane...So I left my number everywhere in Citywest during the afternoon, and two people contacted me as they saw the plane lying on the grass near roundabout 4 in Citywest, undamaged apparently. But when I went there, the plane was gone.

There is no two plane like mine, so hopefully somebody will spot it. She is a Red/Orange Art-tech Wing dragon Sportster, converted to brushless and carrying a HD camera. The camera can't even be used for personal use as it is stripped down (I removed plastics and LCD) to save weight.

5243570769_a17ff2bbf1_z.jpg

If you see this plane, please let me know via PM or in this thread.

Here is a video I've done on sunday with it:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

Its not a great feeling when it happens, on windy days its good to keep the model upwind for that reason. Put notices up in shops etc might help. Good video with it there.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭bibi-phoque

robbie7730 wrote: »
    Its not a great feeling when it happens, on windy days its good to keep the model upwind for that reason. Put notices up in shops etc might help.

You are right, I should have kept it upwind. I put some notices in all shops around citywest but so far nothing :(.
    The Citywest security hut is just in front of where the plane landed so I don't know why the person that took it didn't leave it there. It's useless with the Tx...

You are right, I should have kept it upwind. I put some notices in all shops around citywest but so far nothing :(.
    The Citywest security hut is just in front of where the plane landed so I don't know why the person that took it didn't leave it there. It's useless with the Tx...

Someone might of seen it and just thought its long lost and took it home, or maybe dont know how to now find the owner.
    Will you get another one if dont get it back? Ring joe duffy or something and you might get it back.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭pedro ferio-vti

can't help finding your plane since I don't live in the area but you should probably mute or dub over the audio you're capturing :) Good luck finding it, hopefully somebody contacts you.

can't help finding your plane since I don't live in the area but you should probably mute or dub over the audio you're capturing

Like this?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PthcznfOXe8
    But it all depends

Here i think its better with the original sound

But anyway hopefully the plane is found.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭bibi-phoque

It's only since I stripped the camera that the sound is bad so yeah I should probably mute it.
    I'll give it a few weeks and replace it by another 4ch pusher ( axn floater, hawk sky or wing dragon V2). But with the time I spent on my wing dragon, I hope I get it back :(

It's only since I stripped the camera that the sound is bad so yeah I should probably mute it.
    I'll give it a few weeks and replace it by another 4ch pusher ( axn floater, hawk sky or wing dragon V2. But with the time I spent on my wing dragon, I hope I get it back :(

Yes when you have them a while its worse losing them. I have a cularis now and id hate to lose that. We lost sons one before, but we found it the next morning. Its the only time i have been involved in losing one and it was terrible after him having it a year. But we found it anyway almost a mile away.

Advertisement