Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Triumph Street Triple R

• 08-12-2010 4:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭

I have a Triumph Street Triple R in the UK. Less than 3k miles, 59 plate (2009/2010 model).
    I am thinking of a firesale in the UK just to get it sold and I think 5,000GBP should be easily attainable. I'm emigrating in January to another country. My car comes home, bike preferably not.

My question is this; Might I get the same cash in Ireland if I cant sell it in time?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Dorsanty

You might but if you could bring it in at just over 6000km then a buyer wouldn't have to pay VAT when converting to Irish plates. Then it would be a far sweeter deal.

At it's current 3km a buyer has to pay VAT and VRT to get Irish plates on it. So you'll shift it faster in the UK I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭ArphaRima

Of course. I should've known that seeing as I'm importing a car..
    I forgot about that mileage limit!

I guess if it doesnt sell I might have to do a lap or two of Wales on the way home.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

Your price is keen for the year and milage.

Triumphs hold their value quite well in the UK.

GLWS

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭ArphaRima

Thanks for the input.
    I didnt think the Irish market would support similar prices to the UK alright, hence the query.

All of the advertised Street Triple R's that I can find online between mcn, autotrader and ebay are a fair bit higher. Most are over GBP5,500. I'll service it 1st but when I advertise I plan to be one of the lowest advertised.
    Need-to-shift!

Advertisement