Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plans for enabling Culdaff exchange?

Options
  • 08-12-2010 4:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭

Hi eircom,

I emailed eircom some months ago to ask this question but received no response. We have had an eircom line up for the past 12 years until yesterday when we had it removed.

Just wondering if there are any plans at all to upgrade the exchange at Culdaff, Co Donegal for broadband? If not, why not, as I see that other exchanges in the county for example Quigley's Point, has a lower population but is enabled? Also eircom has previously cited the cost as not being worth it, would the cost of broadband equipment for an exchange not have come well down in recent years?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

culdaffguy wrote: »
    Hi eircom,

I emailed eircom some months ago to ask this question but received no response. We have had an eircom line up for the past 12 years until yesterday when we had it removed.

Just wondering if there are any plans at all to upgrade the exchange at Culdaff, Co Donegal for broadband? If not, why not, as I see that other exchanges in the county for example Quigley's Point, has a lower population but is enabled? Also eircom has previously cited the cost as not being worth it, would the cost of broadband equipment for an exchange not have come well down in recent years?

Hi culdaffguy,

I checked the situation and there is no indivcation date as yet for the Caulduff exchange in Donegal I'm afraid.

I understand the frustration, eircom are still working on enableing exchanges for broadband as well as NGB. However the work needed to eanable an exchange can be includes the exchange the surronding network. eircom will only advise when an exchange is due to be upgraded if & when they are certain it will be operational in three months,

if you private message me with your eircom telephone number I can check it out in more detail for you.

Advertisement