Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moved house but still being charged

Options
  • 08-12-2010 4:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi, I have moved house in september but stupidly never cancelled the esb,thought the landlord would take care of it. Now i am still being charged but someone else has moved in as it is a significant enough bill and the landlord isnt answering my calls. Is there any point contacting the esb or will i need to get hold of the landlord?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭ESB CS: Chris

Hi fishin111,

If you would like to PM me your account number, I will look in to this matter for you.

In general, when a customer moves out of a premises he/she is obliged, under our General Conditions of Supply, to inform us so that we can close the account.

The General Conditions state that the customer must give us "seven days’ notice of his/her intention to end the supply agreement". The customer’s liability for charges incurred continues until the agreement ends i.e. until the date we were notified even if he/she has left the premises beforehand. To view our terms and conditions please click here.

Legally therefore we can hold the outgoing customer liable for all charges incurred up to the date we were notified to end the agreement.

I appreciate the circumstances you find yourself in, so if you would like to PM me your account details, I will look into the matter for you. It is very important that the account is closed out of your name as soon as possible, to ensure that you are no longer liable for further charges on the account.

Many thanks
    Chris

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭ESB CS: Chris

Hi fishin111,

Thanks for the PM, I just replied to back to you directly.

If you could respond back to it with the information requested, I would hope to get this matter resolved for you as soon as possible.

Many thanks
    Chris

Advertisement