Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

24" Gaming Monitor - Asus VW246H or Samsung P2405

Options
  • 08-12-2010 5:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭

Looking to get a 24" monitor at the moment. It will be mainly used for gaming and a small bit for movies, tv shows. I will be sitting directly in front of it so angles don't matter and I have an absolute maximum of €250 to spend including shipping.

I was just about to click on the buy button for the VW246H since it seems to have good reviews for gaming, but then realised so does the P2450H and it is cheaper.

I have tried looking for reviews and information, but every time a question like this is asked it just turns into a TN vs IPS/PVA arguement or people are absolutely loaded and end up buying an UltraSharp.

Does anyone have any recommendations? Is either one of these clearly better for gaming than the other?
    Is there a different monitor I should be looking at entirely?
    Would I better off going for a 120Hz monitor?
    Ideally I want a 1920x1080 (or greater) but may compromise if there is a clearly better screen for gaming at a lower resolution.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

Advertisement