Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yellow Pepper

Options
  • 08-12-2010 5:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭

Was in Yellow Pepper recently for dinner - couldn't believe it when I saw the menu, not one main dish was below €17.95... it was always a bit pricey, but can't remember it being this expensive. Will have to start savin if I want to go back there again...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭Durnish

wow there, I thought this was a thread about Lidl's veg, gawdblessum.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Yeah but even few other places round town brewery for example meals are around 12-15 quid for main course. And for the quality i'd go yellow pepper any time. If you looking for cheap and cheerful though mr chippy seems best!

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭kevinmcc

When I visited Letterkenny recently I must say the prices were quite high in general.

I went to the cafe in Dunnes Stores, a little panini and small pepsi cost around 8/9 euro, scandalous.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

I had a 2 course meal in the Yellow pepper not to long ago for €20,dinner menu too...

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Loved the Yellow Pepper, always found it worth the few extra quid.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Domscard

Hear people raving about the Yellow Pepper a lot. Not been my experience, though. Went twice in the last 2 years (second time, second chance) and both times meh :confused: Definitely too expensive now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭Firblog

Was in dublin 2 weekends ago, stayed in ballsbridge inn (used to be Jury's Inn). Got their 3 course meal - 2 courses an coffee/tea - for €22.50.

6oz steak sandwich n chips (was best i've tasted in years) and good sized dessert - scrumdiddlyumptious, an of course the coffee, for a fiver more than mains in Yellow pepper? I'd go for the 22.50 one every time. Think some eateries up here have not copped on to serving good reasonably priced food...

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭redt0m

€17.95 for a mains in Letterkenny is Dublin prices at the height of the Great Delusion...

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭mistermouse

Believe it or not their prices have come down a little, but are still well above what they should be nowadays, Its usually a great meal, was better a few years ago but its now too expensive for the times

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Von Hapsburg

Been in the Yellow Pepper. Food is fine but the high price is surely for the privilege of being seen by others eating there.

Now, I am approaching middle-age, not ugly, but I won't win any beauty contests either, and when I was in I noticed my equally plain friends were all being checked out by the female diners (and a few of the males too). Finally, the penny drops: they want to know who the newcomers to the arty-farty dining circuit are!

Nope. La Fantasia for me every time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Technique

Been in the Yellow Pepper. Food is fine but the high price is surely for the privilege of being seen by others eating there.

Now, I am approaching middle-age, not ugly, but I won't win any beauty contests either, and when I was in I noticed my equally plain friends were all being checked out by the female diners (and a few of the males too). Finally, the penny drops: they want to know who the newcomers to the arty-farty dining circuit are!

Nope. La Fantasia for me every time.

I heard that it's closed down.

I hope you're gonna tell me it's not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭inode

Technique wrote: »
    I heard that it's closed down.

I hope you're gonna tell me it's not.

definitely not closed down. they closed up last night because of the snow as was chatting to the chef at work last night ;)

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Does the Oak Tree still be open (opposite An Grianán)? It was a fine eatery last time I was there

inode wrote: »
    definitely not closed down. they closed up last night because of the snow as was chatting to the chef at work last night ;)

Yup,still going! Great spot,recommend it to anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Pique

byte wrote: »
    Does the Oak Tree still be open (opposite An Grianán)? It was a fine eatery last time I was there

Nope, gone ! More's the pity too.

Some Thai place there the last time I walked past.

Pique wrote: »

Food or massage place? ;)
    :pac:

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Pique wrote: »
    Nope, gone ! More's the pity too.

Awh, that's a shame. It was a good place to dine I thought.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

byte wrote: »

Yeah gone, Ali (the Turkish barber) opened a Thai restaurant there now, make of it what you will :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭RMDrive

Surely the title should be changed to "Yella Pepper". It took me ages to figure out where youse were talking about.

Advertisement