Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mocks start tomorrow, cramming advice?

• 08-12-2010 5:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭

Ugh its not going to be good... I have English Paper 2 and French tomorrow... does anyone have any last minute tips???

I realise they're really early.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Framble wrote: »
    Ugh its not going to be good... I have English Paper 2 and French tomorrow... does anyone have any last minute tips???

I realise they're really early.

are they pre-pres or the proper pres ? I haven`t even got christmas tests finished !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Mocks this early? That can't be right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭Just Contribute

Christmas tests, perhaps?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Framble

No mocks... for real! I know its crazy.

What this thread is lacking is advice.

No mocks... for real! I know its crazy.

What this thread is lacking is advice.

If you have mocks tomorrow , should you not be studying like your life depends on it ?? And they`re only mocks like not the real thing , it doesn`t really matter if you screw up every paper !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭Just Contribute

If you have mocks tomorrow , should you not be studying like your life depends on it ?? And they`re only mocks like not the real thing , it doesn`t really matter if you screw up every paper !

Yes, but obviously he would like to do well.

Yes, but obviously he would like to do well.

Yes obviously he would , but its not the end of the world if he doesn`t , thats all i`m saying .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭Cpt_Blackbeard

Well screwing up could be the best thing you do. It would motivate you to do well...hopefully

Anyway they are only the Mocks, I didn't and couldn't study for mine last year because of my DCG project. They don;t matter, their only use is to give you a give up the rshole and let you know what the real thing will be like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Tbh, what advice can anyone give you the night before?

Try to get a decent night's sleep (get off Boards! :p) ... have a look over your notes in the morning, and try to stay calm.

READ the paper ... be sure you understand the questions.

Be sure you have completed the correct number of questions, and the right number of options in each section.

Have an idea of how much time you should be spending on each question, relative to the possible maximum marks available for that question, and try to stick to it.

G'luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Liveit

Wow mocks this early is just stupid

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Advice: don't cram!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭Cpt_Blackbeard

Advice: don't cram!

Its probably not the best idea for the Mocks, but it does work for tests (regretfully).

I'd recommend to cover a few chapters properly, who cares if you fail the test if you ace the topics you have properly covered??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

From experience, spend your time learning how to do the papers right rather than cramming vast amounts of study.

Advertisement