Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Becoming a childminder

Options
  • 08-12-2010 5:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi Everyone

Im new to this but here it goes!!!

Im thinking about becoming a childminder & would appreciate any advice anyone can give me.

What are parents looking for when it comes to choosing a childminder?

How much to charge?

What facilities do I need?

Any words of wisdom will be very much appreciated!

Many thanks in advance xoxox :)

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

http://www.childminding.ie/ has more info

cost is based on your location and qualifications.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭Cat Melodeon

As a parent, I would expect you to have at least a FETAC level 5 qualification and Garda or GP clearance as well as some previous experience and references. You would also have to have suitable facilities - a safe space that is only used for childminding, suitable toys and activities etc. Ideally you'd be approved by your county childcare committee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Someone with First Aid training, with childminding qualifications, a dedicated room for the childminding, garda clearance would be a must.

Advertisement