Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC On-Line Gaming Slow

• 08-12-2010 5:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 986 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have the 5mb UPC and am playing Call of Duty on line.

It says my connection is 4 bars but I must be suffering from connection issues casue everyone is killing the crap outta me.

I cant even see these guys before they've killed me.

Is this a thing with UPC?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

Bill-e wrote: »
    Hi,

It says my connection is 4 bars but I must be suffering from connection issues casue everyone is killing the crap outta me.

You might just suck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Nollog

Check your ping, usually by pressing tab while playing.
    I get 50's to france, and 70's to everywhere else except uk and ireland (150's).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

My UPC has been flaky all day in Cork. Now it's down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭PixelTrawler

Hi,

PC or xbox

I find on pc games on UPC I get little ping spikes every 20 or 30th ping and these ruined pc gaming. Less of a problem on xbox live for some reason.

Effect was momentary lag that usually ended in death ;>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭dunworth1

if its xbox its a cod problem

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

just ntl, i had same problems its the ping thats causing the jitter and cod is unplayable with high ping.

go to http://www.pingtest.net/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Bill-e

thanks for the replies.

I'm on the PS3. I'm not great with the analog controller. But some games I'm top 3 with more kills than deaths and in the last few days I've gone entire games witout even one kill.

When I watch the kill cam replay the guys have ample time to aim and shoot the crap out of me many times. From my perspective I don't even hear the sound of the gun they shoot me with. The moment i see them i dead already.

Will try that ping thing later on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

I'm on upc 8meg (i think) and my ping to most servers in the UK in around 37ms. In Europe it can get as high as 70ms.
    This is with CoD 4/WaW/BO. With the p2p matchmaking system with MW2 it was all dependent on the location of the host user.

From the few broadband providers I've used during the years UPC is by far the best when it comes to online gaming due to the super fast ping times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 604 ✭✭✭DemoniK

I'm on the PS3.
    There are a bunch of issues on PS3 version of Blackops right now - particularly late at night.
    If your getting all green bars then chances are it's the damn game issues.

Make sure you have right ports forwarded for a start - will help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

Get battlefield bad company 2 :rolleyes: Its a better game overall and it uses dedicated servers even on the console versions:eek:

• Advertisement
Advertisement