Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help!

• 08-12-2010 7:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭

hi I'm waiting for my BR form to get checked (submitted it last Saturday) and i got a missed call on my mobile today from 'withheld' (after working hours). They didn't leave a message but just wondering if it could have been my local station (eg would they use withheld number?)..it seems a bit soon as i only submitted the form last weekend.

Thanks (and apologies if it's a silly question) but I don't want to ring the station if it's not them (they didnt leave a voicemail)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

snorlax wrote: »
    hi I'm waiting for my BR form to get checked (submitted it last Saturday) and i got a missed call on my mobile today from 'withheld' (after working hours). They didn't leave a message but just wondering if it could have been my local station (eg would they use withheld number?)..it seems a bit soon as i only submitted the form last weekend.

Thanks (and apologies if it's a silly question) but I don't want to ring the station if it's not them (they didnt leave a voicemail)

It could have been your local station or it could very easily have been a wrong number...
    I missed several private number calls before I got called for my medical and each time I thought 'damn!' but hey, I answered it in time one day and now I've everything complete.

I wouldn't be concerned over missing calls from a private number. If it were urgent from your local station then they would leave a voice-message or ring again soon. Believe me on that! They will contact you if they really need to speak with you. I wouldn't go ringing your local station each time you miss a call from a private number being honest.

You will have some time to wait and honestly, I would just kick back now and put it to the back of your mind. Each stage will all happen in good time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭eru123

Hi,

I dont think HQ and local stations use private numbers anymore. They used to have all their numbers blocked but this was removed recently (I think). I got a call from HQ last week and the number showed up. If it was your local station they will ring you again before long. Just make sure your voicemail is set up for future safety!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

eru123 wrote: »
    Hi,

I dont think HQ and local stations use private numbers anymore. They used to have all their numbers blocked but this was removed recently (I think). I got a call from HQ last week and the number showed up. If it was your local station they will ring you again before long. Just make sure your voicemail is set up for future safety!:)

Just to clarify eru123, yes they both still do use a private number. The only time I got a voice-message from my local station after missing a private number call was to ask me to call up to them. It was in that message then that they gave me the relevant direct number to call and verify the time I was available.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭eru123

what stage are you at Kerry4sam? just curious!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭snorlax

thanks for all your replies! turns out it was for a job interview! :)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement