Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steadicams

Options
  • 08-12-2010 7:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭

Hey,

I was wondering if anyone knew of shops or suppliers in Ireland who sell consumer steadicams ? Not expensive professional ones though :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Phl008

Hey,

I was wondering if anyone knew of shops or suppliers in Ireland who sell consumer steadicams ? Not expensive professional ones though :)

Hi Andy,

Im afraid your probably not going to find one here.. Well a cheap one anyway.. I could be of help though. I happen to own one myself and have been renting my gear to student and independent film makers. Would you be interested in renting??

Phl008

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭andyterryjay

Phl008 wrote: »
    Hi Andy,

Im afraid your probably not going to find one here.. Well a cheap one anyway.. I could be of help though. I happen to own one myself and have been renting my gear to student and independent film makers. Would you be interested in renting??

Phl008

Hey Phl008,

I looked into it a bit and decided I am going to get a steadicam from Hague in England. They make pretty affordable but good steadicams i think.

Thanks for the offer though. Out of interest, what other gear do you rent ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭0verblood

You can make your own one for about a tenner, why don't you try that out? Or are you looking for the vest rig and the whole shebang? Just check youtube for 15 dollar steadicam or something along those lines...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭andyterryjay

0verblood wrote: »
    You can make your own one for about a tenner, why don't you try that out? Or are you looking for the vest rig and the whole shebang? Just check youtube for 15 dollar steadicam or something along those lines...

I have already looked into that. I would be spending over €50 to build anything in any way sturdy.
    the problem with all the american videos is they have giant shops with absolutely everything (Eg. home depot)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭0verblood

`This is a video from UK with a guy who had the same problem as you, the materials listed on those American DIY guides are not available in the UK so he made up his own version. Doesn't look too bad but the test he does at the end of the video is shyte.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2cminhO_xA

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 mccaspermike

Hi Phl008

I've just came across your entry regarding a steadicam that you could potentially rent. Could you please advise if it's still the case and if it is, what type of steadicam it is (with a vest?) and how much would you charge me for 3 days? Thanks a lot for your reply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 mccaspermike

Phl008 wrote: »
    Hi Andy,

Phl008

Hi Phl008

I've just came across your entry regarding a steadicam that you could potentially rent. Could you please advise if it's still the case and if it is, what type of steadicam it is (with a vest?) and how much would you charge me for 3 days? Thanks a lot for your reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

0verblood wrote: »
    `This is a video from UK with a guy who had the same problem as you, the materials listed on those American DIY guides are not available in the UK so he made up his own version. Doesn't look too bad but the test he does at the end of the video is shyte.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2cminhO_xA
    I made one of those types of steadicams, it does take a bit of practice to get the best out of them.

I've been looking at making a DIY FigRig it looks like a much better design but it looks like it would need a remote to work the camera.

Advertisement