Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Someone to fix a Bosch Washing Machine in Waterford??

• 08-12-2010 7:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Does anyone know of a good reliable wasing machine repair technician in the city?

we have a Bosch machine, bought about 5 years ago that has just packed in. The guy we used to use before doesn't do them anymore and I am asking here if anyone knows of a local technician. It was bought in Sherwoods and we will be ringing them tomorrow to see if they know, but I just htought someone on the boards might know aswell.

Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Funfair

Ring this guy, “Lee” 087-6454416 he fixes washing machines (Not sure about makes but I presume most machines) very reasonable rates. Works full time in the city fixing electrical appliances and normally does them in the evening.. No harm in ringing him and asking…

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Hoffmans

have a Technicians number fixes most brands with a free assesment first!
    pm if needed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭marlin vs

Funfair wrote: »
    Ring this guy, “Lee” 087-6454416 he fixes washing machines (Not sure about makes but I presume most machines) very reasonable rates. Works full time in the city fixing electrical appliances and normally does them in the evening.. No harm in ringing him and asking…
    You'll be lucky if he turn's up,or answers the phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭egan007

I got some good advice recently regarding repairs and used it to good effect on my cooker.

If you call a 'fixer' they will charge a call out and then come back with a part and charge you again.

If you get the manufacturer - bosch then they will charge once until fixed - their fee will include the cost of the parts.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭savic04

thats crazy i need the BOSCH fella also

We have Bosch hob, cooker, fridge etc and some are not working great at all.
    Need to get a service.

Can someone PM me the contact details of people they know

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 cykedout

From checking on the net and checking around, it seems that something may be caught in the filter, with the emphasis on "may".

Problem is, we can't undo the filter. It looks like the rubber seal around it may be perished and we have already broken bits of the centre of the twist part of the filter. Anymore and we may never be able to unscrew it.

We may have tocut the rubber gasket, but then where to get a replacement?

And then this may not fix the overall problem.....

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Funfair

cykedout wrote: »
    We may have tocut the rubber gasket, but then where to get a replacement?

And then this may not fix the overall problem.....

Wallace Electrical Arundel Square would be your best bet for parts id say.. might be best to ring (051-877578) and see if they have the part before cutting the gasket though..

Advertisement