Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ford 6610

• 08-12-2010 7:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hello all I own a Ford 6610 series 2 and when I was putting it back into the shed today I realised a spark coming from the top of the exhaust.

I watched the top of the exhaust for 5 mins or so and 2 more sparks came out from the top of the exhaust about 60-70 seconds apart.

If you know anything about way this is happening please reply.

Thanks all

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭quietsailor

if youe engine has been working for a long time at tickover or only slightly raised revs then it won't have been combusting the fuel properly. This means you'll have bits of unburnt fuel(carbon) inside the exhaust. This carbon can catch fire and throw sparks out the exhaust.

Another reason is that your valves - particulary the exhaust valves - are worn and not sealing properly. So the combustion gasses are escaping and creating sparks.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Mark Corrigan

Thanks for that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

A lot of older tractors will throw sparks from the exhaust if you're revving it a bit. The MF 1 series are well known for it and a lot of the older fords. I had a neighbour with an old zetor and he used to park it in a hayshed half full of hay. he started it one cold morning and left it running with a good rev on it and a spark from the exhaust set the hay on fire.

Advertisement