Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Power cuts in Skerries

Options
  • 06-12-2010 9:21pm
    Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭

Just gone off in (according to ESB emergency line) Balbriggan, Balrothery and Skerries. At this time there is no estimated time for restoration of supply

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭GristlyEnd

Still working in Bremore Castle, Balbriggan but I did see the lights flicker earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Sparkles78

Still have electricity in Flemington, well so far anyway.........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

still have it here Beasty. But from the school southwards seems to be in darkness.
    I know the line set up seems to be all over the place down here.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Sinemo

My sister said it went from Balrothery about and hour and half ago... I'm her link to the outside world now :p

Scrap that its back!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

its been flickering here in rush

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭Hauk

It's back! \o/ Went for a pint while it was off!

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭kopkidda

Sky stopped working last night not sure if that was snow or power though.

Second night in a row this week.

Tonight, the power went low and then cut out. The appliances starting spazzing out thanks to the lack of power, and then cut altogether. Five minutes later it comes back on.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

The low power was weird - I've never experienced it like that before. Power to give you dimmed lighting, but not enough to power basic kitchen appliances

Yeah it was weird...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭cyberhog

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Sparky84

The dim lights were caused by a break on one of the 10kV overhead conductors behind Wavin. This meant that any 3phase transformer that was supplying housing estates etc were not receiving full power. Any single phase transformer on the 2 healthy phases would not have seen any change.

cyberhog wrote: »

There's a sick joke in there somewhere! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

Martron wrote: »
    its been flickering here in rush

We are due to be off this Saturday from 7 am to 4pm so get up early for the Breakfast

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

LeoB wrote: »

We are due to be off this Saturday from 7 am to 4pm so get up early for the Breakfast

Source of information? :eek:

Corsendonk wrote: »
    Source of information? :eek:

Postcard in the door from E.S.B networks about Monday or Tuesday this week. Doing a lot of work around Rush at moment. Hands lane and Sandyhills yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭dubmick

the low power damaged the base of my telephone system. Result: I now have to replace it and the the three portable phones. Not happy :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

Is the extra pull on the system from Xmas tree lights a factor in these power cuts? Xmas lights wouldn't be considered an essential. Maybe wishful thinking on my part to have a Xmas tree light ban like they have hose pipe bans for water:D

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Bah Humbug Ebenezer Corsendonk....

Corsendonk wrote: »
    Is the extra pull on the system from Xmas tree lights a factor in these power cuts? Xmas lights wouldn't be considered an essential. Maybe wishful thinking on my part to have a Xmas tree light ban like they have hose pipe bans for water:D

I thinlk it could be a factor especially when you see some gardens with really big displays.

If I remember correctly about 4 or 5 years ago we had power outages on Christmas day. Not so sure about banning Christmas lights but maybe a request to people switch off some lights on Christmas morning as the demand will be huge so from 9am to 3 pm ask people to only have their indoor lights on??

• Advertisement
Advertisement