Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal v Partizan, 19:45 RTE 2 (The race for Barca)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Sagna off. That was a bit harsh non? Looked like there was someone covering from first glance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭Just Contribute

Good save. Saw it late enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,513 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Arsenals disciplinary record is shocking this season.

Shaktar 2-0 up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

As much as I rate Sagna, that was fcuking stupid! No need to risk something like that so late on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,173 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

The one defender that is at least somewhat capable of defending is banned for the next game, not good.

I've visions of Messi and Villa running at Eboue.

Actually Messi and Villa running at Koscielny/Squillachi would be much worse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

"i thought that was good defending by Bendtnar there." hahahaha!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The race for Barca? Not like they are playing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

mike65 wrote: »
    The race for Barca? Not like they are playing.

You clearly misunderstood my meaning!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

Denilson was awful i thought. Mis placing passes all over the show. Good win but f*ck sake, we waited too long to put the game to bed. Too many slack performances. Players just thought they could walk it.

• Advertisement

Decent result for Arsenal tonight, even if the performance was terrible at times.

Listening to the RTE lads, I think Arsenal's "goalkeeper crisis" is overdone. Alright, Fabianski is not a top-class 'keeper. However, he has been playing well since he took over from Almunia. Alright, he cost Arsenal a lot last season, and was a bit dodgy at the the beginning of the season, but I have the utmost faith in him at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

I think center backs are in need of replacing before keeper

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Did Giles just.....? No....surely not??

JPA wrote: »

Yep.

L'prof wrote: »
    Yep.
    I turned off the tv what did he do?:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Yep.

What did he do?

Eh?..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,951 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Aw come onnn, the suspense!! What did he say?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

ah come on, what?

• Advertisement

When's the draw for the Last 16?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭yahoo_moe

KeithAFC wrote: »
    Denilson was awful i thought. Mis placing passes all over the show.
    Poor alright. 74/87 passes completed apparently which is better than I thought but some of them were pretty awful.

Arshavin: 23/42 completed. Bar one lovely pass to Denilson in the wide left position was seriously unimpressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

THFC wrote: »
    As much as I rate Sagna,.

Not a patch on Lee Dixon imo

When's the draw for the Last 16?

Friday, 17th December - 11AM, if anyones wondering.

OPENROAD wrote: »
    Not a patch on Lee Dixon imo
    Lee Dixon was first class but Sagna is probably our best defender imo. Djourou needs to start all our games. He is better than Kos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

We are fcuking awful. We deserve to be in the Europa League with the spineless performances in the last three group games.

• Advertisement

Frisbee wrote: »
    We are fcuking awful. We deserve to be in the Europa League with the spineless performances in the last three group games.

I'd take 4th over the Europa League, but still, getting out of our group every season is where it's at these days!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

but still, getting out of our group every season is where it's at these days!

pppssssstttttt , real and barca are waiting around the corner:p

BERBA wrote: »
    pppssssstttttt , real and barca are waiting around the corner:p

pppssssstttttt, check my thread title!!!

pppssssstttttt, check my thread title!!!

Pre-emotive strike I like it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Yep.

Tell us already!!!:pac:

• Advertisement

Did he pick his nose and eat it? Did he fart?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Frisbee wrote: »

We played those last 3 games like we thought we just deserved to have Shakhtar/Braga/Partizan roll over and die for us. Absolutely gutless.

Why are people talking about Barcelona or Real Madrid. We could as easily get Bayern or Schakle. I'd fancy us to beat most of them, except probably Barcelona.

Why are people talking about Barcelona or Real Madrid. We could as easily get Bayern or Schakle. I'd fancy us to beat most of them, except probably Barcelona.

Equally I'd fancy any of those four to beat us too! :(

Did he pick his nose and eat it? Did he fart?

My take on it was that he insinuated Wenger was a kiddy fiddler, without saying too much and Bill responded "oh...no...don't even go there" and had a chuckle. Harmless enough in the way it was said, but looked bad on live tv.

Do you really think Arsenal would beat Real Madrid?

They are the only four teams u can get aren't they?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

They are the only four teams u can get aren't they?

correct , the other 3 english teams topped their respective groups so arsenal cant play any of them

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Yes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Barcelona and Madrid would both beat us handy.
    Bayern would be 50-50.
    Schalke I can't really comment on, but along with Shakhtar are probably the softest group winners.

• Advertisement

My take on it was that he insinuated Wenger was a kiddy fiddler, without saying too much and Bill responded "oh...no...don't even go there" and had a chuckle. Harmless enough in the way it was said, but looked bad on live tv.

Harmless enough? In England he's be sacked by now.

Have to agree with that;

Some managers just have a thing over others and Mourinho has it over Wenger. Barcelona are Barcelona and the way we play won't beat them; you gotta crowd the midfield, drop deep and play it over the top for a pacy lad - the only time I've seen them at 6s and 7s was when Stuttgart did this last year in the Group Stages.

OPENROAD wrote: »
    Yes

They would not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

I thought the "Pitter patter of little feet" comment was in relation to Wenger's alleged mistress.

Yes. Why not? We have quality attacking players. Get first leg away first against anyone and we can score.

Galvasean wrote: »
    I thought the "Pitter patter of little feet" comment was in relation to Wenger's alleged mistress.

Could have been, but I thought they were implying that there's a reason Wenger likes young players. The "Pitter patter of little feet" comment wasn't theirs to begin with.

cson wrote: »
    Have to agree with that;

Some managers just have a thing over others and Mourinho has it over Wenger. Barcelona are Barcelona and the way we play won't beat them; you gotta crowd the midfield, drop deep and play it over the top for a pacy lad - the only time I've seen them at 6s and 7s was when Stuttgart did this last year in the Group Stages.
    I don't believe in such records. Thats history.

The truth is we have the players who are more than good enough to score 2-3 goals against Real Madrid. We could open them up like Barcelona did.

The truth is we have the players who are more than good enough to score 2-3 goals against Real Madrid. We could open them up like Barcelona did.

We'll never keep them out though and if they went a couple of goals ahead we'd be gone. Whereas if we went a couple of goals ahead, you'd always feel we're going to give them plenty of opportunities to get back into the tie!

By the same extension they have players to make ****e of us too. A whole second XI of them too. Ultimately what would decide it imo is Goalkeeper, and Casillas > Flappo. Madrid are probably a smidgen tighter than us at the back too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Nobody gave Arsenal much hope against Real Madrid the last time they me in the Champions League either...

Advertisement