Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal v Partizan, 19:45 RTE 2 (The race for Barca)

124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

JPA wrote: »
    They would not.

oh yes they would :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Galvasean wrote: »
    Nobody gave Arsenal much hope against Real Madrid the last time they me in the Champions League either...

That was a pretty disjointed Madrid at the time though. We'd be definite underdogs if we drew them. You'd never know what might have happened by February though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Nobody gave Arsenal much hope against Real Madrid the last time they me in the Champions League either...

I dunno, here's the teams from the second leg. It seems like a much closer match-up than what it'd be now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

L'prof wrote: »
    We'll never keep them out though and if they went a couple of goals ahead we'd be gone. Whereas if we went a couple of goals ahead, you'd always feel we're going to give them plenty of opportunities to get back into the tie!
    Who knows what our defense could be like by the time the last 16 kicks off. We could be better in that area.

I don't know what Real Madrid team people watch in La Liga. La Liga is a poor league. They hardly meet any real challenges, yet in the Premier league, there is always a challenge to meet.

I would not fear Madrid at all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

nobody would have given w brom , newcastle and spurs much hope of beating arsenal at the emirates this season either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

KeithAFC wrote: »
    Who knows what our defense could be like by the time the last 16 kicks off. We could be better in that area.

I don't hold out much hope to be honest!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

I don't know what Real Madrid team people watch in La Liga. La Liga is a poor league. They hardly meet any real challenges, yet in the Premier league, there is always a challenge to meet.

:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,173 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

BERBA wrote: »
    nobody would have given w brom , newcastle and spurs much hope of beating arsenal at the emirates this season either

Ha, attempted dig proves his point. Nice one.

L'prof wrote: »
    I don't hold out much hope to be honest!

Well if we signed Essien and Pique we'd do it imo. Get the checkbook out Arsene!

• Advertisement

Frisbee wrote: »
    :eek:
    Its true though.

La Liga is utter pish. So many ****e teams, no real challenges either. Yet in the Premier league, you always have some sort of challenge to over come. Madrid and Barcelona ease past all of those teams.

I would not fear Madrid at all.

I'm embarrassed for you calling La Liga a poor league.

It's technically far far superior than the Premiership or anywhere else. Best League in the world imo notwithstanding the disparity between the top 2 and everyone else.

Its true though.

La Liga is utter pish. So many ****e teams, no real challenges either. Yet in the Premier league, you always have some sort of challenge to over come. Madrid and Barcelona ease past all of those teams.

Step back from the keyboard.

Frisbee wrote: »
    Well if we signed Essien and Pique we'd do it imo. Get the checkbook out Arsene!

Cup tied! :(

cson wrote: »
    I'm embarrassed for you calling La Liga a poor league.

It's technically far far superior than the Premiership or anywhere else. Best League in the world imo notwithstanding the disparity between the top 2 and everyone else.
    Best league in the world? Don't make me laugh.

Seriously, its utter rubbish. So what if its technically better, the teams in general are rubbish, lack any sort of defensive cohesion. The vast majority of those teams don't give either Madrid or Barcelona a challenge. Make the games competitive.

Best league in the world? Don't make me laugh.

Seriously, its utter rubbish. So what if its technically better, the teams in general are rubbish, lack any sort of defensive cohesion. The vast majority of those teams don't give either Madrid or Barcelona a challenge. Make the games competitive.

Have you watched any games outside of Real or Barca?

cson wrote: »
    Have you watched any games outside of Real or Barca?
    Plenty. Just not impressed by the vast majority of them. Real Madrid and Barcelona just breeze past them. You can't say that for the Premier league which has many more competitive games.

Another comment about Real Madrid. We aren't great at the back but Real Madrid, the moment they came up against a side with some geniune threat, they conceded 5 goals. There seems to be this myth around at the moment they are the 2nd best team in the world.

I know they aren't. Any side which will face them (of some quality) will more than likely score one or two goals. Regardless of the manager they have. People kind of forget what players Inter Milan had last season. Some world class defenders, top midfielders and top strikers. I don't think Real Madrid have a world class striker like Eto'o and i don't think they have CBs like Lucio or Samuel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭Just Contribute

I don't think Real Madrid have a world class striker like Eto'o

Ronaldo more than compensates for a world-class striker with all the goals he bangs in.

Arsenal don't exactly have a world-class striker either.

I don't think Real Madrid have a world class

Higuain.

• Advertisement

Ronaldo more than compensates for a world-class striker with all the goals he bangs in.

Arsenal don't exactly have a world-class striker either.
    Your right, we don't have a world class striker in that mold like Eto'o.

But we have players like Nasri, Arshavin, Fabregas, Van Persie, Chamakh. Arsenal could give any of the teams in the CL a serious game and could trouble many of them in a big way.

Advertisement