Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

J1: earliest departure dates?

Options
  • 08-12-2010 9:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 30

I've a job secured in Boston starting in early April. Does anyone know if its possible to get a j1 thats eligible from early April?
    Usit, sayit and go4less all seem to only start in May...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

If the employer has already agreed to employ you, why not just go though the Irish Immigration Center in Boston directly to get your J1? http://iicenter.org/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭shy-tall-knight

Prob all start in May, an alternative would be to apply for the 12 month work visa...it's open to students.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 colbags

Thanks.
    I'vs had a look at both these options.
    The IIC do offer j1's all year round but they charge €700 for the programme fee.
    This is a similar price to getting the 12 month visa from usit or sayit, which costs €700 plus insurance, sevis and visa fees. I think my only other option is to go to the embassy dierectly which I heard is very time consuming and complicated. I'll probably just end up going with the 12 month visa from usit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭lil_lisa

Unfortunately, you can't go directly to the US embassy for this visa. However, the IIC offers it for $650 which equates to just under €500.

Advertisement