Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Radio not working after fix

• 08-12-2010 9:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 46

I don't know much about cars, but was wondering if anyone had any info that could help...

The exhaust light came up on my dash, and my car was chugging, took it to the mechanic and he said it was something to do with the coil or ignition or something, anyway got it fixed and all, grand!...only thing now is my car radio doesn't work, it won't turn on and neither will all the lights.

Is this anything to do with the job that was fixed (i'm guessing not, being it is the radio that is not working, not anything enginey :P) just need some clarification. I have a VW Golf

Thanks guys!

:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 479 ✭✭C4Kid

Thats weird is it the VW radio or an aftermarket one?

I have heard that the k-Line can cause trouble in Golfs if an aftermarket radio is fitted. Like you, I'm not sure how the ignition coil and radio be linked:(

I have a 1.4 and I bought a guage thats pulls MPG, engine codes etc from the OBDII port and it should work, but it doesn't. I've tried everything and it works on most other Golfs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭sean1141

take it back to him.. he prob just disconected it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,702 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

sean1141 wrote: »
    take it back to him.. he prob just disconected it

What he said.^

Or do it yourself. Just pop out the radio unit & take a look round the back to check if everythings where it should be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Pumpkinseed

cool thnks guys :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

when i read the thread title "Radio not working after fix", my first thought was "not a very good fix!" :pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement