Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help in the cold spell

Options
  • 08-12-2010 10:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭

I remember this thread was done in the last cold snap.

if anyone knows of someone who may need shopping, digging out or anything that I could help with, or perhaps even get to if you've a relative that you cannot get to, let me know and If I can help I will.

with this weather set to continue and get colder next week there may be people stuck somewhere.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭meercat

well done you;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

I'll second that patrickc.
    If I can help I will.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Fair play, people.

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭DANNY22XX

you know were i am if you need me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭SIX PACK

Does any of you folk live in Carlow town im Having a wee problem with my car, Battery is not charged enough Havn't drove it in over a week so when i went to start it earlier feckin thing wouldn't start,
    If you have Jump Leads it would help also, I live beside Carlow castle.

I know someone will say just call out a Mechanic but im actually flat broke @ the moment :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

SIX PACK wrote: »
    Does any of you folk live in Carlow town im Having a wee problem with my car, Battery is not charged enough Havn't drove it in over a week so when i went to start it earlier feckin thing wouldn't start,

I know someone will say just call out a Mechanic but im actually flat broke @ the moment :(
    Would be Saturday before I get to Carlow town but I have a set of decent jump leads so if no-one can help you tomorrow I'll sort you out Saturday morning

My leads are a bit worse for the wear but I'll give it a go.
    PM on the way

Cheers mate Ill PM you 2mor nite if i dont have her sorted.
    Hopefully it is the battery now I wouldn't be the most Mechanically minded I know the basics but thats about as far as it goes.
    Its a Nissan Almera have it 3 years never gave me an ounce of trouble until i left it parked up during this cold snap which probably wasn't a wise thing to do o well :rolleyes:

Cheers mate Ill PM you 2mor nite if i dont have her sorted.
    Hopefully it is the battery now I wouldn't be the most Mechanically minded I know the basics but thats about as far as it goes.
    Its a Nissan Almera have it 3 years never gave me an ounce of trouble until i left it parked up during this cold snap which probably wasn't a wise thing to do o well :rolleyes:

Sound. I'll get some decent jump leads tomorrow so.

i tried and failed.

Any nice friendly mechanicly minded people want to help SIX PACK?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭patrickc

dont have jump leads six pack sorry. any chance you have breakdown assistance on your insurance?

people often forget this

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Any idea what the problem is, I can try and help but sadly my fathers career didn't rub off on me

I'm no mechanic either so I've no idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Is there a chance that your engine is frozen?

Happened me a couple of weeks ago.

I have insurance with Culleton so im calling them 2mor not sure if i have Breakdown assistance I think i do so hopefully i can now redeem something back off them,
    I hope its nothing too serious wil post back when its Right :)

Got the Almera going now went out to check if it would go & it started, I drained out the old Anti freeze which was probably well watered down & replaced with new.
    I suspect thats the reason it wouldn't start in the cold weather

good stuff.
    Glad she's ok

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

Got the Almera going now went out to check if it would go & it started, I drained out the old Anti freeze which was probably well watered down & replaced with new.
    I suspect thats the reason it wouldn't start in the cold weather

Glad you got it working.
    Just one thing to be careful with over the coming days is to monitor the temperature gauge just in-case you have damaged the water pump when trying to start it, if the cooling fluid was frozen in it. Damage to the water pump could lead to the engine overheating a whole heap of trouble if not caught in time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭foxinsox

hi all

If anyone has people they are worried about in other parts of the country, The Weather Forum has a great thread, it's a national one so anyone can offer/avail of help..

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056125853

Advertisement