Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Report issues to Dublin City Council online

• 08-12-2010 10:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,526 ✭✭✭

Dublin Cycling Campaign posted on Facebook that Dublin City Council launched a web site where you can report issues to them.

You can report problems of abandoned bikes, cycle track problems, road surface problems and many more. Worth trying.

I hope other local authorities copy it. If Fingal CoCo doesn't then I plan to do so, I plan to make an Irish version of Fill That Hole from the UK - I have the domain set up and the guy in the UK has given me his code.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Bah, I went to fillthathole.org.uk expecting something else :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

not trying to upset cyclists here - but can it also be used to complain about cyclists that use tram lines, or those that think that once they put their arm out (without looking) it means they can automatically start turning.

I'm not anti cyclist - I'd prefer if "some" cyclists were informed of the rules of the road and if the rules of the road were enforced for ALL road users.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Doctor Bob

PCPhoto wrote: »
    not trying to upset cyclists here - but can it also be used to complain about cyclists that use tram lines, or those that think that once they put their arm out (without looking) it means they can automatically start turning.

Dublin City Council may have its faults, but I don't think poor cyclist behaviour is among them.

Excellent facility, by the looks of things. They really do seem to have covered all the major bases. If anyone uses it, I'd be curious to hear the response time, etc. (Who wants to be first to report the surface of Dawson Street? :))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Inbox

The worst bit of road I know about is coming from Pearse street on to college green and the lights abit further on just after the Garda station stay red for far too long :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

Potholes.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 765 ✭✭✭oflahero

Inbox wrote: »
    The worst bit of road I know about is coming from Pearse street on to college green and the lights abit further on just after the Garda station stay red for far too long :mad:

Oh yes. Traumatises me every time on a DublinBike. BANG! BANGITTYBANGITTY BANGBANG! BANGITTYBANGITTYBANGITTY CLONK! BANG! Wrists numb from shock by the time you get to the lights.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,805 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

Might well need to use these websites to report the condition of the road surface. The cold weather has widened the pre-existing potholes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

PCPhoto wrote: »

I'm not anti cyclist - I'd prefer if "some" cyclists were informed of the rules of the road and if the rules of the road were enforced for ALL road users.

If you can't cycle on the Luas line, how do you cross O'Connell Street, Liffey Street and Capel Stret......? just askin' that's all........

anyway, good idea from the city council - hopefully they respond to the posts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,526 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Jawgap wrote: »
    If you can't cycle on the Luas line, how do you cross O'Connell Street, Liffey Street and Capel Stret......? just askin' that's all........
    You can cycle across them, just like cars can, but you are not allowed to cycling along them, in the same direction as the Luas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

daymobrew wrote: »
    You can cycle across them, just like cars can, but you are not allowed to cycling along them, in the same direction as the Luas.

:eek::eek: Does that mean you can cycle on them in the opposite direction to the Luas???? Isn't that a bit dangerous....?:)

Back on topic - I think the Corpo have been using the sand from the flood control bags to grit the streets......

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37 looneyirish

Jawgap wrote: »
    :eek::eek: Does that mean you can cycle on them in the opposite direction to the Luas???? Isn't that a bit dangerous....?:)

cycling towards the luas is safer, giving that you can see it comming

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,805 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

Cycling on the Luas tracks may be illegal, but it's not dangerous, except for the risk of slipping in the wet or catching your wheel, both of which can be avoided (usually after you've made the mistake once). The tram itself poses a negligible risk in the city centre, since it doesn't attain any great speed, and if your hearing is unimpeded you can hear to coming from some distance back. It's also easy to get out of the tram's way.

It's not universally illegal to cycle on the Luas track. Cyclists are implictily prohibited where cars can practically be excluded from the Luas track. Where cars can't be excluded, cyclists are implicitly allowed. There is no rule specific to cyclists.

I don't know why anyone would want to complain about cyclists using tram lines, unless those cyclists were impeding the Luas in some way. I'm not aware of that happening. They certainly impede the Luas less than cars blocking the yellow boxes (though that happens a great deal less than in the early days of the Luas).

Advertisement