Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MAJOR HAMLET HELP NEEDED!!

• 08-12-2010 10:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭

Ok I have my Xmas test tomorrow. I know about 25 quotes for Act I and Act II Scene I.. I'm just wondering what question can really come up seeing as we've only done one and a half acts.. Thanks for any replies! Also is that amount of quotes enough to do well? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

Compare and contrast the 5 parent-child relationships.

ghost - hamlet
    claudius - hamlet
    gertrude - hamlet
    polonius - laertes
    polonius - ophelia

25 quotes is loads as long as they are relevant

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭Cpt_Blackbeard

Ok I have my Xmas test tomorrow. I know about 25 quotes for Act I and Act II Scene I.. I'm just wondering what question can really come up seeing as we've only done one and a half acts.. Thanks for any replies! Also is that amount of quotes enough to do well? Thanks

Its about 24 more quotes than I had in the LC and I still got a C1 ;). However I knew that I wouldn't be counting point from English so I didn't really care.

25 quotes seems waaay over the top, no way that you could be asked a long question on that little work. Its only Xmas tests too, nobody will remember what you got (you included) come Feb. anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

I never understood this learning off reams of quotes that people do for the English exam. You should know your texts and poets well enough that the quotes come to you just like that, naturally, in line with the point you're trying to make.

Advertisement