Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Santy in Galway City

Options
  • 08-12-2010 10:57pm
    Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Rumour has it that santy has been hanging around Galway city, I've looked in the usual hotspots (Sparch etc) to no avail.

I was wondering if any boardsies know his haunts?

We're bringing the small man in on Friday and are hoping to run in to him.

:D

(is there anywhere other than the new Market or eyre square centre? Are either good?)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭ErnieBert

I brought one of my kids to the one at the Christmas Market and was very impressed. Santa was good humoured and my daughter got a decent gift. We were not rushed and I was allowed to take my own photo. Proceeds go to a local charity which was a bonus.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭hairyfairy00

Was going to bring my daughter to see Santa in the market but €13 is too steep, even if it is for charity. My dad will be playing Santa in the Eyre Sq Centre on Saturday so i'll be bringing her in then. It's free and the kiddies get a pressie, they are just looking for a small donation and the proceeds go towards The Simon Community and Kiltulla Community House.
    Think there is a Santy in the Galway Shopping Centre!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

I miss Glynns :-(
    They had the real Santa.
    His helper pretended to be Santa in Moons because the posh children wouldnt know the difference.
    Thats what I was told anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭?Cee?view

I miss Glynns :-(
    They had the real Santa.
    His helper pretended to be Santa in Moons because the posh children wouldnt know the difference.
    Thats what I was told anyway.

Now that's going back a long way :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭moldypeach

Went up to see santa in Briarhill shopping center saturday. Best one i've seen! he made great conversation with my little girl, even managed to answer her 'tests' with some good guesses haha. Only 5 euros and the presents weren't bad either. You can take your own photos too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭magentas

here's an idea for saturday das kitty, if you're not all santied out!:D

MADRA will be holding a special Santa photo event at the new Petmania store in Wellpark this Saturday (December 11th) from 11am-3pm.
    The theme of the event is ‘Santa Paws’, and families and dog owners are encouraged to pop in and have a professional photo taken with Santa Claus and their pet pooches.

The photos will be taken by photographer Justin McGrane of Petpics and all proceeds will go directly to the charity.
    MADRA representatives will also be present at the Petmania Adoption Centre accompanied by some of the many MADRA dogs who are looking for their forever homes.

Advertisement