Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Very poor quality coverage on Meteor

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Macspower

Quick q, can I ask why it has Vodafone on your screen in your screenshots?

Thats my share watch clock... the only shares I have are vodafone shares... currently in the red as they are droppi9ng.. If my shares rise in value the clock goes green and shows the current share value :)

hope they dont ask the same question

todays reply was just as frustrating as the last few... they basically said that the pics I sent are not proof of coverage issues. They require actual details of dropped calls and poor call problems.. I've sent them a few but don't have that many as I usually don't even try and make a call when I have 0 or 1 bar as it's going to be a "hello can you hear me now" kind of call... I just use the landline or my 087 prepay phone..

I'll update on their reply..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭kaiser sauze

Macspower wrote: »
    todays reply was just as frustrating as the last few... they basically said that the pics I sent are not proof of coverage issues. They require actual details of dropped calls and poor call problems.. I've sent them a few but don't have that many as I usually don't even try and make a call when I have 0 or 1 bar as it's going to be a "hello can you hear me now" kind of call... I just use the landline or my 087 prepay phone..

I'll update on their reply..

Truly shocking!

I'll say it again, your only way of really getting them to take notice is to withhold payment.

The requests for the proof they want are just tactics on their part, they know that you will have major difficulty in providing same.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭flipall

Its a well known fact that meteors coverage is more than sketchy in areas and not just these blackspots! To be fair you should have went back to the store earlier. As for those customers who are on meteor and think coverage is fine.. i dont think you will realise how bad it is until you move from them!! How did you get on after with Meteor????

this was my last mail from them on the 30-12th.. I await their reply...

Dear Paul,

Thank you for your response.

I have escalated your coverage issue to our technical team for investigation and we hope to have this resolved as soon as possible. We appreciate your patience in this matter and hope that we will be able to resolve this issue shortly and you can return to full usage of the Meteor network.

If you have any further queries please call customer care or email info@meteor.ie and we will be delighted to assist you.

Regards,

Customer Care Administration Team

Meteor Mobile Communications

Email: info@meteor.ie

Fax: 01 4307013

• Advertisement

4 emails during the month of Jan and 2 this week with no reply apart from the automated one that says they will be in contact and I get this reply.. all I have to say is LOL !

A copy and paste email at this stage is a total insult.. It's a direct copy of the first mail they sent me on the 12th of dec..

Dear Paul,

Thank you for contacting Meteor.

Please be advised the email with all the relevant coverage issues you sent to us on the 29th December 2010 was too large for us to be able to view.

In order for me to assist you in identifying and resolving this issue, can I ask you to please forward me the answers to the following questions:

· When did the problem first start

· The nature of the problems e.g. inability to able or receive calls, bad quality of call, call dropping during conversation, failure when sending SMS's

· What specific locations do you experience network coverage issues in, including whether you are indoors or outdoors at the time

· How many signal bars does your handset display when you have problems

· Do you experience the same problems when you put your SIM card into another Meteor handset? If you have not tried this can you please do so

· Do you experience the same problems when you put a different Meteor SIM card your handset? If you have not tried this can you please do so

· How far away from the affected area do you need to travel before coverage returns?

· What error message do you receive when you try to make calls or send text messages?

· Are there other Meteor customers in the area with the same issue?

· Does the issue affect indoor and outdoor coverage?

If you are not in a position to trial another Meteor SIM or handset, you can drop into any of our Meteor retail stores and they will be happy to assist you. A list of our stores can be found at www.meteor.ie/store_locator

Once I have received this information I will investigate further and if necessary, will escalate to our technical support team. You can also contact the customer care team on 1905 if you would rather go through any of the above by phone.

I appreciate your patience in this matter and hope that we will be able to resolve this issue shortly and you can return to full usage of the Meteor network.

If you have any further queries please call customer care or email info@meteor.ie and we will be delighted to assist you.

My question is can I port my number out from Meteor while still on contract.. The guy at vodafoone reckons I can once my bill is up to date. I have reported enough problems at this stage so if I could port my number I'd gladly fight them over the contract at a later date..

My main concern is that I can do business from my phone.. which at the moment is an impossibility

• Registered Users Posts: 4,773 ✭✭✭ablelocks

once my wife's contract is up at the end of this month, it looks like we'll both be switching to three (i never thought it'd happen)

i've a sim on test with them this week and i seem to be getting far better coverage.

we've had so many different responses from meteor it looks to me like they don't actually know where their mast is, what state it's in or why the coverage has deteriorated so much since last august. it's a pity because we could have gladly stayed with them for years if they got the issue sorted.

(one thing i did think (it's the conspiracy theorist in me) - with the introduction of emobile, could the meteor network have been throttled to prioritise the emobile coverage?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

ablelocks wrote: »
    we've had so many different responses from meteor it looks to me like they don't actually know where their mast is, what state it's in or why the coverage has deteriorated so much since last august. it's a pity because we could have gladly stayed with them for years if they got the issue sorted.

(one thing i did think (it's the conspiracy theorist in me) - with the introduction of emobile, could the meteor network have been throttled to prioritise the emobile coverage?)
    Nope, you get the same signal from the mast regardless of the SIM!

What is a problem though is if meteor/emobile start adding users in your area and they all start piling on to your nearest cell site, the cell becomes congested (more users fighting for finite capacity = more prone to interference, dropped calls, delayed texts to complete loss of service) and the effective radius of the cell can shrink (particularly with 3G UMTS coverage). So you could have perfect coverage a couple of months ago but end up with virtually non-existent coverage a couple of months later.

Finally decided enough was enough and after months of broken promises and being ignored I decided to port my phone to another network . I then sent meteor another email asking for a complete refund of all money paid to them since my first complaint on the 8th of december last. I also used the "L" word which shall not be spoken of here.

And what do you know I get a reply... but not from meteor... from Eircom Management??

Have I missed something? Are eircom and meteor as one? reply promises a full investigation into the matter.. but the best part is that meteor's mail to eircom was still attached at the bottom :) Interesting what they had to say about my persistance..

I'll keep the saga posted

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Finally decided enough was enough and after months of broken promises and being ignored I decided to port my phone to another network . I then sent meteor another email asking for a complete refund of all money paid to them since my first complaint on the 8th of december last. I also used the "L" word which shall not be spoken of here.

And what do you know I get a reply... but not from meteor... from Eircom Management??

Have I missed something? Are eircom and meteor as one? reply promises a full investigation into the matter.. but the best part is that meteor's mail to eircom was still attached at the bottom :) Interesting what they had to say about my persistance..

I'll keep the saga posted

Eircom own Meteor.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,773 ✭✭✭ablelocks

well i finally switched to 3 and now i've no more coverage issues. I can make and take calls anywhere in the house.

my wifes contract is up at the end of the month so she'll be switching too.

we gave up on contacting them and getting silly or no replies. fair play to you macspower for your persistance!

got a call today from Meteor customer support and he said he was making my final bill and that he was willing to waive the 1000 odd bill for the rest of my contract if I returned the phone...

I told him that ship had already sailed and I had offered that in writing and they had refused in writing.. he claimed to know nothing about the history on the account..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

got a call today from Meteor customer support and he said he was making my final bill and that he was willing to waive the 1000 odd bill for the rest of my contract if I returned the phone...

I told him that ship had already sailed and I had offered that in writing and they had refused in writing.. he claimed to know nothing about the history on the account..

Gift horse in the mouth comes to mind - send them off the phone....

Advertisement