Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Framework for ecommerce sites

Options
  • 08-12-2010 11:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭

Hey looking at developing a eCommerce site - have never done so but would like to get one done so I understand whats involved. Can anyone let me know of some frameworks available/involved or what I need to know before kicking this project off. I have a fair knowledge of php and classic asp. Had a looking at shopping cart from godaddy but output isnt great would like something professional finish.

Thanks
    B

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭egan007

Howdy Neighbour
    We use http://www.cubecart.com/ on all our sites

K

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭swordsinfo

Hey Dude
    Cheers for that is the costing high on it? just need to know what to charge the customers as have had a few queries recently - also if ya have time take a peak at my new site interested to see what developers think of the layout/style
    www.swordswebdesign.com

Some ice on those paths!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭egan007

It's not too high - it's worth it anyway.
    We use it because it's easy for end user (admin) to use so what you spend now you'll save in headakes answering their questions over and over again :)
    We'll written in php, easy to modify and security tested.

Good luck with the new site it's lookin good.

and yep they are like feckin glass outside!

If you want something free and opensource check out zencart, oscommerce

cheers dude have been directed to zen cart too might see if i can download something and install it on xampp. Thanks for the info i'll take a peak at it and see what its like - roll on the summer

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭nellyshark

afaik opencart uses the mvc framework :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

We do have a Web site reviews forum, you'll get better feedback there.

has anyone used the volusion sofware 29 dollars per month - gona try the zen cart frame work but friend was enquiring abut this http://www.volusion.com/?gclid=CKW2vPbn-6UCFYpO4QodsB_hoQ has veryy "goodlooking" front end

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭conorcan2

There's also Magento. You'll need to be specific about your requirements before evaluating different systems. Magento will only get you so far before you have to pay a lot..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Gabbro

Zencart is woeful. Magento is good and very powerful but as conorcan2 points out can get costly once you get into the customization, can be a very big job. If you do learn to master it you can take on very big projects.

Whats wrong with Zen cart??

What about Volusion seems sort on price and the output seems pretty good but not sure if the samples in the gallery are from the "premium" selection which is quite a lot more expensive

• Advertisement

conorcan2 wrote: »
    You'll need to be specific about your requirements before evaluating different systems.

My requirement is "I want a site to sell stuff"..... I jsut need a cost effective solution. I can customise bits n bobs but just want a good looking easy to use platform.?

Advertisement