Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So who will you be voting for?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

The only prerequisite to posting on any board is that you abide by the charter, you should read it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭geespot

Onesimus wrote: »
    Most people vote for Sinn fein because of the sheer emotional drivel that they advance and their michael collins type speeches. None of us ever seem to - as you say - vote upon the caliber of the candidates.

The country needs good accountants not emotional driven empty words which seduce the people into a false sense of security. Nor do we need ex-teachers.

Nothing worse than listening to people down the pub whinge about the faults of FF and yet they voted for them. And yet again the public go ahead and make the same mistake by voting for the wrong people again.

I'll be going Green party this time round. We need people who know how to use money not ex-teachers on geography who know how to plan their next holiday round the globe without a thought for the expenses they accumulate or the damage done while doing so.

In saying all of that, none of the public seem to study politics or what is going on and we end up time and time again voting for the wrong crowd. I'd be first to stand up and admit I do not study it as much as I should have. But in recent years I've taken the time out to try, and realised my own mistakes in voting for the wrong candidates.
    wtf. none of the above makes any sense. i nearly get sick when i hear people talking about accountants running the country, next thing we will hear is michael o leary should be taoiseach.i would also be hoping that given that the green merchants of doom have been proven wrong about the whole global warming thing. the green party have shown themselves to be absolutely useless an there policies or anti buisness and would increase inflation. the people who stand for greens or well off well educated do gooders who have no understanding of what its like to live in the real world. the people there polices would hurt the most is poor old joe soap

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Onesimus

geespot wrote: »
    wtf. none of the above makes any sense. i nearly get sick when i hear people talking about accountants running the country, next thing we will hear is michael o leary should be taoiseach.i would also be hoping that given that the green merchants of doom have been proven wrong about the whole global warming thing. the green party have shown themselves to be absolutely useless an there policies or anti buisness and would increase inflation. the people who stand for greens or well off well educated do gooders who have no understanding of what its like to live in the real world. the people there polices would hurt the most is poor old joe soap

I'm not well off? :confused: I'm from the working class area and can assume that you are too because of the content within your post ( not knocking you ). I know that most working class are sucked in by the emotional eastender drivel of the Sinn Fein. They also associate the Green Party to be conservative well educated and well off people. This kind of criticism is superflous when it comes to the caliber of the candidate.

Couple of questions for you:

1) why are you fed up of people saying they need a good financial accountant ( as well as other talents ) running the country? what would be wrong with the idea that we need someone who knows how to use money to run the country?

2) could you demonstrate, ( without the aid of google ) their idea of global warming has been proven wrong? Why without the aid of google? lets be honest, if you think they are wrong about global warming you will already have the answer and wont need the aid of someone elses material otherwise you would not of made such a bold statement.

3) could you back up the statement with evidence that they are anti-business?

I'm not trying to knock you. If you can somehow change my view upon the Greens then well done you. I'm all about going for the best candidate there is. What it is they can do for me and my family and the people of Ireland as a whole.

I can just tell though that your looking to the stereotype of the Greens as an excuse not to vote for them. How do I know? because I had the same views as you did and would often run for the inhospitable manner and ways of the Sinn fein, who, seduced me into the false sense of security due to their emotionally driven eastender debates and manner of speech.

Finally what we need ( much to your dislike ) is educated people running the country. Not Sinn Fein, who have only got the desire to stroke their ego by gaining the working class of Ireland by scoring points with their emotional nonsense and uneducated responses.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

What rubbish you speak.
    Picking your points carefuly on the Greens* eco credentials while completly forgetting that they are part of the reason that we are in the economic mess that we are in!!!
    Finally what we need ( much to your dislike ) is educated people running the country. Not Sinn Fein, who have only got the desire to stroke their ego by gaining the working class of Ireland by scoring points with their emotional nonsense and uneducated responses.

Keep stroking your own "educated" ego :rolleyes:

(*Their latest opinion poll score of 2% is not by fluke btw):pac:

What rubbish you speak.
    Picking your points carefuly on the Greens* eco credentials while completly forgetting that they are part of the reason that we are in the economic mess that we are in!!!

Keep stroking your own "educated" ego :rolleyes:

(*Their latest opinion poll score of 2% is not by fluke btw):pac:

There is no point to what you posted. If all your going to do is critise my reply then forget it. All you did was rip the post apart with criticism.

How can I stroke my own educated ego when I myself am working class and uneducated? I lean on those who are educated.

Could you demonstrate how the Green Party are the reason why we are in this mess? ( let me stress that with such bold statements you should already have the answer without the aid of Mr.Google.)

Their latest poll all the more proves my point upon the peoples inordinate manner of voting for the right people. Sinn Feins poll percentage only further proves my point of how the people really havnt a clue how to vote. ( at least for now )

• Advertisement

They have voted with FF to push through the harshest budget since the formation of the state,sold out our sovereignty to IMF bondsmen along with supportig every other(cut) attack on the health care system(ranked among the worst in the developed world)
    Partners of DOOM!!!!
    Their latest poll all the more proves my point upon the peoples inordinate manner of voting for the right people. Sinn Feins poll percentage only further proves my point of how the people really havnt a clue how to vote. ( at least for now )
    How people think or vote seems to be irrelevant to you and your ilk!!
    Come March(or whenever the bloody greens get around to it) the public will speak on the matter and you can go argue with them then and not just me.

They have voted with FF to push through the harshest budget since the formation of the state,sold out our sovereignty to IMF bondsmen along with supportig every other(cut) attack on the health care system(ranked among the worst in the developed world)
    Partners of DOOM!!!!

Putting the greens along the lines of Fianna Fail? Ouch. So were do you get your evidence and source that they did just that?

The IMF bailout was inevitable by the way... even though I hated the thought of it. We need to be mature about it and take the cut. By the way, as a family man who has taken the cut on the chin and with both of us not having jobs, we manage just fine. How do you explain that one sherlock?

Could be worse, we could be like the brits who ( before any recession ) were only ever getting 40 sterling a week on social welfare never mind their crap wage. And yet they actually manage to survive it all without complaint. For years they have had it too.

After the above said it is safe to say that We are a bunch of greedy spoiled brats wouldnt you agree? If there is money to be had, where is it going to come from? Celtic tiger has its tail between its legs, there is no going back for now. Time to vote now for those who actually no how to use money and cut our expenses and the Hippies...as you call them...are the ones who will do that along with their good enviormentalist attitude.

Your living in a river of dreams mate,and like any good Green party voter you sure have a short memory! You dont like people "Goggling" FACTS,but maybe you should use this excellent internet tool more often!!
    . Time to vote now for those who actually no how to use money and cut our expenses and the Hippies.

:rolleyes: I never mentioned hippies BTW,and sure the Greens know how to spend/waste silly money!!! Wind power,feed that with euros:eek: And still supporting the goverment Shell/Corrib programme in Mayo

Your living in a river of dreams mate,and like any good Green party voter you sure have a short memory! You dont like people "Goggling" FACTS,but maybe you should use this excellent internet tool more often!!

:rolleyes: I never mentioned hippies BTW,and sure the Greens know how to spend/waste silly money!!! Wind power,feed that with euros:eek: And still supporting the goverment Shell/Corrib programme in Mayo

Dont be silly. Ireland since 2007 up to 2010 has actually doubled in renewable source energy with wind turbines. If anything they cut our expenses regardless of the alleged contention that they cost more money to run.

The Greens have acutally surpassed their target for wind turbines by 15% for 2010 which actually makes Eire second in Europe. The Carbon Levy Revenue Bill will actually recover from the generators themselves, quite a big portion of the unearned carbon windfall gains they receive.

With the above said. What have the Greens got to gain from their desire to help the enviroment financially and all on a healthy wage according to their status?

This is just but one educated move by the Greens that actually help the country on a large financial scale.

Btw you never mentioned hippes but you certainly agreed with the post that did. I naturally assumed therefore that such a title was accepted and promoted by you.

Shell/Corrib ???

What post mentioned Hippies???

• Advertisement

Shell/Corrib ???

You will have to demonsrate to me how just a move proves to be not good for the enviorment. If the Greens ( giving their educated and well intentioned desire to support the enviorment ) are supporting something which they propose is not bad for the enviorment, but proven to be good and something that enhances it, then why would they bother with their job at all? And why call them hippie do gooders?

The Greens have acheived a lot in 2010 and continue to do so. If anyone is going to be good at spending money and not going into the despair ( like brian cowen and his drunkeness on national radio ) its the greens.

We need well off educated men with the tools to carry this country both enviromentally and financially to do the job. Not Sinn fein and their addiction to grasping the simple minds of Ireland with their emotionally driven nonsense.
    What post mentioned Hippies???

Post #58

You go my friend :D
    We need well off educated men with the tools to carry this country both enviromentally and financially to do the job. Not Sinn fein and their addiction to grasping the simple minds of Ireland with their emotionally driven nonsense.

Here is the condescending answer that i was waiting for!!
    Vote Green:D

and post #58 is not my post you hippy smoking farce :)-~

:pac:-~

You go my friend :D

Here is the condescending answer that i was waiting for!!
    Vote Green:D

condescending? it is the truth. It is the reason we have schools and colleges. There are people out there more educated than myself to carry out the job of running the country and I'm not afraid to put aside my ego to admit that.

It is not your post and never claimed it to be but you thanked it which means you've read it and agree with the title of hippy. Your uncharitable response of calling me a hippy farce all the more proves that you do. such name calling is also evidence that your running out of steam my friend.

Im just fed up calling you a liar with your obsession,BY THE WAY(no googleing now) what about Shell/Corrib???

I'm not well off? :confused: I'm from the working class area and can assume that you are too because of the content within your post ( not knocking you ). I know that most working class are sucked in by the emotional eastender drivel of the Sinn Fein. They also associate the Green Party to be conservative well educated and well off people. This kind of criticism is superflous when it comes to the caliber of the candidate.

Couple of questions for you:

1) why are you fed up of people saying they need a good financial accountant ( as well as other talents ) running the country? what would be wrong with the idea that we need someone who knows how to use money to run the country?

2) could you demonstrate, ( without the aid of google ) their idea of global warming has been proven wrong? Why without the aid of google? lets be honest, if you think they are wrong about global warming you will already have the answer and wont need the aid of someone elses material otherwise you would not of made such a bold statement.

3) could you back up the statement with evidence that they are anti-business?

I'm not trying to knock you. If you can somehow change my view upon the Greens then well done you. I'm all about going for the best candidate there is. What it is they can do for me and my family and the people of Ireland as a whole.

I can just tell though that your looking to the stereotype of the Greens as an excuse not to vote for them. How do I know? because I had the same views as you did and would often run for the inhospitable manner and ways of the Sinn fein, who, seduced me into the false sense of security due to their emotionally driven eastender debates and manner of speech.

i cant remember where i said i wanted uneducated people running the country you claimed we needed accountants running the country i said we didnt surely yu can be educated without being an accountant the country is not a buisness and to treat it as such would be a mistake. also i feel a lot of people mistake education and intelligence another mistake as for gglobal warming dont need google just look out your window. ask sombody who lives beside the sea if the sea is rising its not and now they have admitted they are wrong because they are calling it climate change which in effect means nothing except that it can be raining one day an sunny the next noe thats something new not.

There is no point to what you posted. If all your going to do is critise my reply then forget it. All you did was rip the post apart with criticism.

How can I stroke my own educated ego when I myself am working class and uneducated? I lean on those who are educated.

Could you demonstrate how the Green Party are the reason why we are in this mess? ( let me stress that with such bold statements you should already have the answer without the aid of Mr.Google.)

LoL :D
    You and Mervyn should join the Klann.
    "Votes for THEM will be put in the bin."
    Never,Never,Never !!!!.!!!
    I chose Paisly as my favourite Nazi,now you choose one?

geespot wrote: »
    i cant remember where i said i wanted uneducated people running the country you claimed we needed accountants running the country i said we didnt surely yu can be educated without being an accountant the country is not a buisness and to treat it as such would be a mistake. also i feel a lot of people mistake education and intelligence another mistake as for gglobal warming dont need google just look out your window. ask sombody who lives beside the sea if the sea is rising its not and now they have admitted they are wrong because they are calling it climate change which in effect means nothing except that it can be raining one day an sunny the next noe thats something new not.

We need someone with the talent of accountancy amongst others running the country is what I'm telling you. You can be educated without being an accountant but who puts a Historian in the chair of finance to run a company? Or who calls an electrician to fix the sink when really what he needs is a plumber to do the Job? who votes ex-teachers to run the financial affairs of Ireland when they should be voting in accountants who know how? why...only the Irish of course :rolleyes:

As for your spit at global warming...ah sure yeah lets just throw all scientific logic and reason out the window and ignore the warnings. It is what we humans do best. Forget about the next generation of children and lets just have a good time. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Mervyn Crawford

10Green

You don't address the issues raised of the veracity of SF.

Rather you resort to subterfuge and attempt to link my comments with those of other contributors.

My criticism of SF is coming from the left.

I regard SF as a party that represents a particular type of small businessman, or petty bourgeois, who is bitter about the lack of control he has over the political system.

SF have complete contempt for the 'ordianry people of Ireland'. They regard these people as pawns to be manipulated in their machinations with London and Dublin.

It really is laughable to regard SF as a radical party.

They are careerists who live off the struggles of people from an earlier generation.

They have no mass base - hence the disastrous turn-outs at their demos (30 outside the Dail on Weds afternoon) - but are an out-and-out vote gathering apparatus, heavily promoted by the capitalist press.

And as Ed Moloney stated in his prologue to Richard O'Rawes recent book, 'Afterlives', they are people with sharp claws and they know how to use them.

SF are no different from Labour, FF, DUP etc etc - they operate in the shadows hatching deals with these other parties and the political masters in London and Dublin.

They do not lead an open struggle against the system. They do not warn the working class of the dangers ahead. They thump the tub and create a lot of noise, sometimes. They cover up what is really going on. They are part of the system.

from the very mention of the name i can see that you have an agenda here.
    you critisise sf,call their repersenitives carrerists,while not putting one argument forward for an alterentive goverment/party/or nothing positive.
    O Rawe's crap has been proven to be just that,crap!!

Come up with something and quit the troll!!

• Advertisement

The above comment from 10green concerning O'Rawe's books was also sent directly to me by 10green by private message via the good offices of boards.ie.

The method of those who are enemies of the struggle for socialism is to operate on the level of insult and abusive language.

The working people of Ireland, and the world, can only benefit from the truth. Because the capitalist system is based on lies. The number one being that we live in a democracy and vting for parties to the a parliament gives us some sort of power. SF, Labour, the DUP, FF all promote the charade that is bourgeois democracy.

Any of the limited gains that 'ordinary people' have were won in battles with the ruling class. And now that capitalisms' speculative bubble is burst all the gains won - going back to the zenith of imperialist economy - are to be taken back. There is nothing less on the agenda than all-out class war by the bourgeoisie to try and save their dying system.

The problem we have is taht the so-called leaders of the working people - Labour, SF, the unions, the ULA ....- all push and push the lie that we can reform this system; that we can negotiate with the rulers; that we can force things back to an era of reform.

Reformism is dead because the capitalis system cant give them. What this system is giving is the mailed fist - and it's only type of rule.

Adams, Gilmour and their blood brothers around the world are contemptible creatures begging their masters for recognition if they can do the dirty work and bring the working glass bound and gagged to the slaughterhouse.

www.wsws.org

Insult.
    The above comment from 10green concerning O'Rawe's books was also sent directly to me by 10green by private message via the good offices of boards.ie.

The method of those who are enemies of the struggle for socialism is to operate on the level of insult and abusive language.

The PM and the post here are excactly the same.
    Stop telling lies and stop hiding behind the communist muck you are throwing up FFS!!

Run in the election,and best of luck:rolleyes:

end

The working people of Ireland, and the world, can only benefit from the truth. Because the capitalist system is based on lies. The number one being that we live in a democracy and vting for parties to the a parliament gives us some sort of power. SF, Labour, the DUP, FF all promote the charade that is bourgeois democracy.

Any of the limited gains that 'ordinary people' have were won in battles with the ruling class. And now that capitalisms' speculative bubble is burst all the gains won - going back to the zenith of imperialist economy - are to be taken back. There is nothing less on the agenda than all-out class war by the bourgeoisie to try and save their dying system.

The problem we have is taht the so-called leaders of the working people - Labour, SF, the unions, the ULA ....- all push and push the lie that we can reform this system; that we can negotiate with the rulers; that we can force things back to an era of reform.

Reformism is dead because the capitalis system cant give them. What this system is giving is the mailed fist - and it's only type of rule.

Adams, Gilmour and their blood brothers around the world are contemptible creatures begging their masters for recognition if they can do the dirty work and bring the working glass bound and gagged to the slaughterhouse.

www.wsws.org

Merv, the above is all well and good and I'm finding it hard to follow some of it, uneducated twit that I am but...what 10 Green bottles is looking for is some positivity. An example of who to vote for. We need the positive light to expel the darkness of negativity but 'what will that positive light be' is what 10 green bottles is asking?

Onesimus

I don't agree with your interpretation of 10greenbottles politics.

I have referred several times to the World Socialist Web Site
    www.wsws.org , as the political way forward.
    ('communist muck' is what 10greenbottles calls such. So we know where he stands)

There is a mortal danger facing us all because of the world economic crisis in the capitalist economy.

It is incumbent on anyone who believes in the need for the 'ordinary people' to move to defend themselves from this danger to first state that all the so-called defenders or parties of the people are actually very intimately tied into the system.

The capitalist ruling class do not rule in the end with their weapons but with the chains they place in the minds of the working class. Bobby Sands was only half right when he said they could not imprison an idea.

The content of the idea itself is everything. Afterall, the Hunger Strikers lives were lost. Despite the selfless bravery of these men the struggle for an end to oppression is still not won.

The idea that political parties put to working people is everything.
    Are we now moving to a fight to the death with the ruling class? Or are SF and Labour's honeyed words true?

If capitalism truly is in crisis then the 'leadership' of SF, Labour, the unions is a trap. They are lying. Out of petty personal ambition; and out of fear and hatred for the independent revoloutionary movement of the working class.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭pancake_tuesday

Insult.

The PM and the post here are excactly the same.
    Stop telling lies and stop hiding behind the communist muck you are throwing up FFS!!

Run in the election,and best of luck:rolleyes:

end

What a strenuous and well debated response 10green bottles. Your posts are laughable based on personal retorts and insults without any constructive criticism. I really do pitty these idealist youths with good intentions who are backed by oul 'cronies', like yourself.

Pancake Tuesday

I agree wholeheartedly with your comment. Except perhaps your thoughts on just how many SF members there actually are.

My view is that SF, like any political party that doesn't tell the truth about the rotten heart of capitalist 'democracy' - indeed hides the truth about the lies perpetrated day in, day out; repeats those lies - can only have a rump membership. This is borne out by the attendance at SF protest events. How could any such fawning crowd attract workers, youth, intellectuals of principle?

I am not saying this out of spite or cheap satisfaction.

Rather it is to point up the enormous confidence trick that is being spun by the capitalist system and all its gofers and hangers-on.
    The world's working class have enormous social weight. More than enough to sweep this stinking cadaver of capitalist rule away.
    Howvever, the working class does not yet have it's own mass revoloutionary party. There's the rub!

It's vital not to be taken in by the relentless propaganda concerning SF and all the so-called other Lefts. You can't judge a book by its cover!

What a strenuous and well debated response 10green bottles. Your posts are laughable based on personal retorts and insults without any constructive criticism. I really do pitty these idealist youths with good intentions who are backed by oul 'cronies', like yourself.
    Ta ;)

www.wsws.org
    is that you jim hows the sisters keeping tell andrea i was asking for her

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

You can hardly believe that socialism can work in one country do you?

• Advertisement

it couldnt work in twenty what do you think

Advertisement