Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So who will you be voting for?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

Onesimus wrote: »
    Not for Sinn fein and their emotional drivel and shouting which does not persuade .
    :rolleyes: Wait until the election "proper" starts and then listen to all the emotional drivel and shouting from ALL parties,and not just SF.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

Have any of the people that plan on voting for Sinn Fein explained what reasons have persuaded them to do so?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

Have any of the people that plan on voting for Sinn Fein explained what reasons have persuaded them to do so?
    I honestly cannot be arsed to do so again mate.

And ditto to the people voting for the rest of the parties in the survey/poll

MUSSOLINI wrote: »
    I honestly cannot be arsed to do so again mate.

Fair enough, you just said you were supporting Gerry in this thread though.
    And ditto to the people voting for the rest of the parties in the survey/poll

I was hoping as one of the bigger contributors you'd be the first up!

• Advertisement

edit

Fair enough, you just said you were supporting Gerry in this thread though.

I was hoping as one of the bigger contributors you'd be the first up!

Im just swatting of the anti-SF sentiment,so i will let you get your word(for who your voting for)in first.
    Age before beauty etc...

I'm undecided.

I'm only really interested because the poll bucks the national trend and I'm curious about what reasons this forum has for being so supportive of SF. It's something that hasn't really been discussed.

I'm undecided.

I'm only really interested because the poll bucks the national trend and I'm curious about what reasons this forum has for being so supportive of SF. It's something that hasn't really been discussed.
    Re: the poll
    Not realy,when you add the FG and LAB percentage together they prob hold the same margin nationally as they do here.
    The SF vote prob has two elements.
    Traditional vote and the Adams affect.

Why would people traditionally vote SF?

• Advertisement

Why would people traditionally vote SF?
    Why would they traditionally vote for anyone else?? There was always a left of FF vote in the county.
    Look across the whole border region(and the SF vote),maybe the proximity of that line has something to do with it!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭geespot

maybe because they are republicans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why would they traditionally vote for anyone else?? There was always a left of FF vote in the county.
    Look across the whole border region(and the SF vote),maybe the proximity of that line has something to do with it!!

I have to say I'm no wiser about why people are voting SF!

I have to say I'm no wiser about why people are voting SF!
    And im no wiser or nearer the reason for your wumming???
    Put up who you support,why the policies or feck away!!

wumming?

Put up who you support,why the policies or feck away!!

I already said I'm undecided. Surely it's not that much to ask the 28 people who picked SF why they did so? It being "Traditional" isn't much of an explanation.

wumming?
    Look up your urban dictionary??
    :)

I already said I'm undecided. Surely it's not that much to ask the 28 people who picked SF why they did so? It being "Traditional" isn't much of an explanation.
    Pure WUM

Look up your urban dictionary??
    :)

I'm winding you up by asking you why you're voting SF? :confused: Really?

Aiken to Paddy Agnew,Paddy Agnew to Morgan(SF councillors elected in the county in every election) Bit of a trad i would say.
    SF councillers and TD's have been proactive and have made changes for the betterment for all the people in their conticeunicys.

Tradition

• Advertisement

I have to say I'm no wiser !
    that would be about right

geespot wrote: »
    that would be about right

Why don't you help me out then, why are you voting SF?

lots of reasons one is gerry adams has risked his life for this country and still is tell me any of the other candidates who can say that. we have had fianna fail goverments that didnt work we had fine gael and lab goverments they didnt work. if the numbers work out right and they just might sinn fein could be in the next goverment and we could try something new which doesnt involve going up the e.u's hole

lots of reasons one is gerry adams has risked his life for this country

I thought he wasn't in the IRA? Do you think that will help him be a good legislator?
    we had fine gael and lab goverments they didnt work.

Which ones were they? The last FG/Lab was actually fairly successful and governed during a period of strong growth.
    if the numbers work out right and they just might sinn fein could be in the next goverment and we could try something new which doesnt involve going up the e.u's hole

What influence and effect would you expect SF to have in coalition?

i said he risked his life he was shot twice i never said he was in the ira

could you remind me again about successful fine gael lab goverment when they had the hospitals running well we had low crime and where being from a working class family didnt ensure you had a worse chance of getting a third level education

still i suppose fianna fail where the most sucessfull goverment ever sure look at how well we all done with there celtic tiger

dont know what effect they would have would depend who they went in with they might just try an redress the imbalance where the person who works hardest gets the least reward

i said he risked his life he was shot twice i never said he was in the ira
    Do think that makes him a better legislator?

dont know what effect they would have would depend who they went in with they might just try an redress the imbalance where the person who works hardest gets the least reward

Their tax policies appear to be designed to do the exact opposite of that

could you remind me again about successful fine gael lab goverment when they had the hospitals running well we had low crime and where being from a working class family didnt ensure you had a worse chance of getting a third level education
    Do you think SF will be tough on crime? Do you really think the last fg/lab government was a failure?

Do think that makes him a better legislator?

Their tax policies appear to be designed to do the exact opposite of that

Do you think SF will be tough on crime? Do you really think the last fg/lab government was a failure?

a better legislator than who definetly more deserving

there tax policies havent been tried we dont know what the outcome would be the fact is this country is in the sh1t and the people who let it happen ff,pds,fg,lab and the greens will keep following the same principles.

will they be tough on crime well they use to police the estates with a lot more effect than the police in fact i know of situations where people where having problems with troublesome neighbours and when they said this to gardai they advised them t speak to sinn fein

a better legislator than who

You said you're voting for him because he's been shot at. I'm just wondering how that qualifies him as a better legislator than the other candidates?

there tax policies havent been tried we dont know what the outcome would be

Have high tax policies not been tried in Ireland before?

and the people who let it happen ff,pds,fg,lab and the greens will keep following the same principles.

How come you blame everyone bar SF? How did FG and Lab let it happen?
    will they be tough on crime well they use to police the estates with a lot more effect than the police in fact i know of situations where people where having problems with troublesome neighbours and when they said this to gardai they advised them t speak to sinn fein

You support vigilante justice?

You said you're voting for him because he's been shot at. I'm just wondering how that qualifies him as a better legislator than the other candidates?

just to clarify he was shot not shot at. his desire is not to fil his pocket his motives are to make ireland a better just place to live

Have high tax policies not been tried in Ireland before?

if they had been tried in the last ten years we would be laughing now

How come you blame everyone bar SF? How did FG and Lab let it happen?

sinn fein where the only ones putting forward different policies f.g and lab where putting forward similar policies to fianna fail with even more spending

You support vigilante justice?

dont you

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

There's little point in comparing the laws and law-makers of Belfast in the 70s/80s/90s to Ireland now.

I think Gerry will do well in Louth, depite SF's off the wall taxation policies he's still recognised as a man who is capable of great change and people are sick of the plebs that led us into this mess. As for FG, I can't believe they're facing into this with Enda leading, at least they've had the sense to take him off the stage and away from public focus of late.

Advertisement