Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rebellion Festival 2011

• 08-12-2010 11:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭

Just getting pretty excited here looking at the line up for Rebellion 2011 in Blackpool next August. Heading over from New Zealand for it with a few mates and as well as being really excited about this (Cock Sparrer, UK Subs, The Exploited, 999, Rust, Restarts particularly), I was wondering if anyone knows of any other similar festivals happening around Europe in general?

And while we're at it, are you going? Why/why not? Last year was over 200 bands over 4 days, reasonably priced drinks on site, easy to get out to get food as long as you don't take the wristband off and security were exactly what you'd hope for at a punk gig :D Got to see lots of favourites (I'm still praying that Stiff Little Fingers will get put on this year's list again), and discover heaps of new bands too. Particularly when you're as close as Ireland, if you're into punk, it almost seems foolish not to go.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

I've been to it 3 times now. First was 5 years ago and all of them were in Blackpool.

A few mates have been going to it since it started in Morecombe and they'll tell you that it has changed significantly since then.

Last year security were stopping people who had cameras but no press pass. Then they were kicking photographers out after 3 songs. This isn't ****in top of the pops. The punk spirit of "rebellion" is diminishing fast and we said we wouldn't be going back after the last one.

Saying that.... it looks like I'm gonna back next year for one reason. The greatest band to come out of Ireland, Runnin' Riot. Always like seeing the reaction mates' bands get at these things :)

Advertisement