Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need Gift Idea

Options
  • 08-12-2010 11:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭

My brother is pretty mad into Anime/Manga and I'm trying to figure out what to get him for Christmas this year.

Last year I got him a book called "Der Mond: The Art of Neon Genesis Evangelion" (hardcover) and he really loved it.

I know he likes FLCL and was doing a bit of research and thought maybe Q·Ko-chan: The Earth Invader Girl would be good? I'd probably get it in Japanese since he speaks Japanese well enough to read most things now.

I was also thinking of maybe getting him Evangelion: 1.11 You Are Not Alone on Blu-Ray.

Basically this is a list of stuff that I know he's into so any suggestions you may have are appreciated. Doesn't have to be a book or DVD I'm open to suggestions.

Shin Chan, FLCL, Eureka Seven, Death Notice, Samurai Champloo, Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, Day[9], Paranoia Agent, Witch Hunter Robin, Lucky Star, The Boondocks, Negima, Top wo Nerae! Gunbuster/Diebuster, Detective Conan, Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann, Neon Genesis Evangelion, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Cowboy Bebop, Death Note

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭gearoidof

day[9] is a starcraft2 commentator, shurely?

You're looking to buy him manga yeah? If so, I'm useless, and my reply is just spam

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

gearoidof wrote: »
    day[9] is a starcraft2 commentator, shurely?

You're looking to buy him manga yeah? If so, I'm useless, and my reply is just spam
    :D must be.

I'm looking to buy him Anime or Manga, I'm pretty sure he's into both.
    Perhaps from looking at that list you have a better idea that list may be more manga oriented :D

Thanks!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Get all the Yotsuba Manga books. You will not regret it. It's epic

http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/search?searchTerm=yotsuba&search=search

Might be a light-hearted manga, but I see Haruhi and Shin-chan there, so I'm sure he'll love it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

Yotsuba, definitely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Numina

Yeah, definitely Yotsuba. If he doesn't like it then you know he's dead inside.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Thanks everyone for the suggestions they're greatly appreciated!

Advertisement