Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog Worming tablets

• 08-12-2010 11:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭

Can dog wormers like Milbemax or Drontal be bought over the net or anywhere else as vets in this country are ripping us off big time, these tablets are approx €7.50 per tab here and I do believe they are bought for less than a euro by the vets which = major rip off.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭dahat

7.50 a pop??????????????????????

i buy in a chemist for 2.90 or from happypets at 2.50 with a minimun order of 25
    drontal tabs......
    for small dogs,sure tabs for larger dogs are dearer

milbenamax i aint sure of buying online.usually buy at 2 euro per tab!

where you from?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Yup I've bought wormer and flea treatments online on petmeds.co.uk paid approximately £20 for 1 year of wormer and 6 months of flea treatment for two small dogs.

Good fast service. Always get free postage because I order arthritis tablets at the same time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

Is it legal to get these delivered from outside Ireland? Our local pharmacy that was a bit more reasonable than the vet can no longer sell them as a vet has to be on the premises at all times due to EU legislation :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

I get drontal tabs from a farm supply shop for about €2 (iirc) I usually just get them when I'm in for horse wormer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

€7.50 is a very high price to pay for wormer, have you tried any other vet practices in your area?

www.medicanimal.com sell a wide range of veterinary wormers. You will need to get a prescription from your vet (they are obliged to do this - you don't need to buy all veterinary medications a the vet practice, and they should give you a prescription if you don't) but they are available. As far as I can remember, Drontal is not a prescription wormer (the duo version is though) so you may be able to get this without visiting your vet first. Most pharmacies will not sell wormer without a prescription so if you wanted to get it in one you will need one from your vet.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭mattock

dahat wrote: »
    7.50 a pop??????????????????????

i buy in a chemist for 2.90 or from happypets at 2.50 with a minimun order of 25
    drontal tabs......
    for small dogs,sure tabs for larger dogs are dearer

milbenamax i aint sure of buying online.usually buy at 2 euro per tab!

where you from?

Louth, bought them in Allpets veterinary hosp in Drogheda.

just checked the receipt 5x milbemax tabs €30.99 + vat €6.51 = €37.50
    each tab was for 25kg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭dahat

mattock wrote: »
    Louth, bought them in Allpets veterinary hosp in Drogheda.

just checked the receipt 5x milbemax tabs €30.99 + vat €6.51 = €37.50
    each tab was for 25kg

25kg dog is the problem not the price of the tablet!!!!!

large dog large wormer...........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭mattock

dahat wrote: »
    25kg dog is the problem not the price of the tablet!!!!!

large dog large wormer...........

Still think they are well over priced, and I spoke to a guy in the Que who said they are well over priced.

Advertisement