Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Karma Hair Salon, Blessington

• 08-12-2010 8:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 435 ✭✭

Hi All,
    Anyone got any feedback on Karma Hair Salon?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Yes I do.

I've been here a few times and I hate it.
    The woman with the short blonde hair, I think she's the manager, is very full of herself and is constantly preening in the mirror.
    She clip clops around in her designer shoes, and looks people up and down. The staff are all a bit vain and vacuous and I would never go back.

They were very nosy too, asking me all sorts of personal questions but they didn't want to chit chat, preferring to laugh and joke with their colleagues.
    They are very expensive and I wasn't happy with the trim, wash and blow dry, it was amateurish and not worth the money at all.

Martika's hair studio is 100% better.
    The staff are mainly middle aged women who KNOW what you want, they LISTEN to you and don't spend half an hour fixing their own hair.
    Pleasant and polite and make you feel very at ease, PLUS their prices are brilliant.

So, Karma-- no, it's full of bimbos and too expensive :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭iPlop

fussyonion wrote: »
    Martika's hair studio is 100% better.
    The staff are mainly middle aged women who KNOW what you want, they LISTEN to you and don't spend half an hour fixing their own hair.
    Pleasant and polite and make you feel very at ease, PLUS their prices are brilliant.

So, Karma-- no, it's full of bimbos and too expensive :rolleyes:

My wife goes to Martika's and I do myself to get my hair cut ,the difference is that they are from Blessington and don't have this whole D4 attitude that a lot of people have adopted since they moved here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

My wife goes to Martika's and I do myself to get my hair cut ,the difference is that they are from Blessington and don't have this whole D4 attitude that a lot of people have adopted since they moved here

Yes, totally agree, they listen to what you want.
    Thanks for the reply :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 435 ✭✭MintyDoris

Thanks a million both of you. Sorry I have not seen your reply til now. I dont log in much :o

I had a feeling it just wouldnt be the place for me

I am now in the habit of going to Shylocks for a cut now and I am glad I stuck with them - lovely bunch in there from what I have seen

• Registered Users Posts: 23 MiaMc

I disagree with the above. I think the staff are great in karma. I have been going to this salon for a few years now, and I find them very friendly and I have always received a great sevice. I think I have also got to know them well and I can say that they are not vain bimbos from D4. Quite the opposite actually!!
    And the blonde manager who apparently clip clops around in her designer heals would probably tell you they were a bargain buy in penny's or dunnes .
    I know every one has their own opinion but I think it's unfair to brand people as bimbos from a certain area in Dublin ?? When this untrue!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Regretsy

I'm absolutely livid with my haircut by Karma. Right before Christmas, and I haven't stopped crying since I got home. This may seem like an over reaction but I've had the worst year of my life, the only thing I liked about myself was my thick long hair and they ruined it.

When you show the girl a photo of your hair from a year ago, verbally confirm you want it *shoulder length* and be very specific about how you want it cut, you don't expect it to be cut to just under your ear. I have a very round face and short hair just does not suit me. She cut really bad layers into it too; the worst haircut I've had since the last time I got my hair cut in Blessington (Shylocks). My hair is naturally quite wavy and when I wash it it's going to be even shorter looking. I'm going to have to straighten it every day until it grows back, ruining my hair. I can't even tie it back! The place smells musty, no one greeted me on arrival and left me waiting 25 minutes after the appointment time with no apology for the delay. If I could stop crying, I'd call to complain and ask for my money back (€40 though I asked them not to wash it as it was just washed).

Do yourself a favour and get your hair cut in Dublin, by professionals.

I will NEVER darken the door of Karma again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Sligoh

I have been living in Blessington the last ten years .I used to have my hair done in all the big salons in city centre brown sugar Dylan bradshaws Toni and guy up until recently. over the last year due to lesser days working I could not afford to go to these places I panicked about my hair and where I would go .I can honestly say had it not been for karma I would have been lost the stylist John who has been there six years made me feel so comfortable went thru all of my worries and had me at ease the moment I sat down my only regret is I didn't find him sooner . I'm so sorry to here about your Hair but was very surprised by your experience I just had to post this .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Wicklowandy

Just had to register on boards especially to post this??

???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Wicklowandy

Maybe you arent but when someone registers on boards just to defend a business that has been critisized, it smacks of a business owner deflecting criticism. Apologies if thats not the case.

The same could be said of newly registered critics though. Rivals maybe? Maybe not?

• Advertisement

Apologie accepted althou it means nothing to me I'm simply giving my opinion on my experience .

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement