Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EPC 2425 Update?

• 09-12-2010 12:08am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 854 ✭✭✭

Did the upc modem just receive an update? All my settings were reset to default.

firewall, ip flood protection, channel etc

epc2425-E10-5-v202r12812-100519cs_upc.bin

epc2425-E10-5-v202r12812-100519cs_upc

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Knasher

Nope that's the revision I'm on and there has been no resets since I've had it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 854 ✭✭✭iknorr

weird, any other way all my settings would have reset to default?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,196 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

iknorr wrote: »
    weird, any other way all my settings would have reset to default?
    Comes as a standard feature on those modems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 854 ✭✭✭iknorr

very strange...... i was hoping it was an update to the wifi/wired media streaming problem

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Knasher

Settings are saved to an internal memory and if for some reason the memory becomes corrupted, such as writing to the memory as the router restarts, the router will default to the original settings so it can boot. Its not a problem, or all that weird, so long as it doesn't happen that often.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

mine reset last week. pain in the hole...

Advertisement