Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Snow/ice injury list

• 09-12-2010 12:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭

Forgive me if this has already been done, but have any of ye had any falls or crashes...and not at all hoping to laugh at ye....(em, shuv, this is ah..)..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

shuvly wrote: »
    Forgive me if this has already been done, but have any of ye had any falls or crashes...and not at all hoping to laugh at ye....(em, shuv, this is ah..)..

None thank God!
    But i have every sympathy for those who have, it's been horrible out this past 10 days.

For those who suffered a serious injury, get well soon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

kfallon wrote: »
    None thank God!
    But i have every sympathy for those who have, it's been horrible out this past 10 days.

For those who suffered a serious injury, get well soon!

Who are you and where's the mouthy jockey gone?:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭shuvly

Ah bless, but was kinda looking for gorey stuff..bit of blood and spinal fluid would be good!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭123balltv

I've taken it very easy hanging out of railings, walking like a granny,
    grabbing onto poles etc I hav'nt falling yet thank God just taking it easy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭ronaneire

It wouldn't be nice to ask how was your trip

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭strokemyclover

I fell on some frozen green slime earlier. I didn't get hurt but while I was picking myself up, a nasty looking alien-type creature burst out of my stomach and bit the hand off an old lady trying to help me. Hope she feels better soon!

Kiera wrote: »
    Who are you and where's the mouthy jockey gone?:eek:

I have a very sensitive side you know, obviously you don't see it cos we only engage in verbal combat :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 645 ✭✭✭rockmongrel

Fallen on two occasions while completely blathered, can't really blame the ice for that though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

I have a very sensitive side you know

What's her name?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭talla10

I have a very sensitive side you know, obviously you don't see it cos we only engage in verbal combat :p

dont think that would be as big a hit as Mortal Kombat :D

• Advertisement

Who are you and where's the mouthy jockey gone
    cant say ive been there,(!) but have been told the size of the jockey does not always correspond with the size of the jockeys mount...(unless ye are in coppers..)

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Paddy_Smith

I slipped on the ice about an hour ago hey. I twisted my ankle. :(

need a (slightly happy),...nurse?

talla10 wrote: »
    dont think that would be as big a hit as Mortal Kombat :D

Mortal Kombat is for fags!!! :pac:

Not yet *touch wood* but I did fall once during the last cold spell at the start of the year. Bruised my arm but that was it.

Ah
    jaysus, if u need 2 months off work, drop a fireplace on your toe, way to go, (I was kinda pissed at the time, but it did happen..didnt exactly tell them that was how it happened...)!

need a (slightly happy),...nurse?
    Nah it's just a small sprain kiddd!

Ah paddy, am counting on the extras now after biffo did me good...!(surprising 4 a fat kad from off...)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭Captain Darling

Fell on me hole carrying a kettle of water over to defrost my car. Fcuking saturated myself. Bollixed my knee up.

My pride took the worst battering.

Ah paddy, am counting on the extras now after biffo did me good...!(surprising 4 a fat kad from off...)
    Hehehehehe :D

My sister is a nurse by the way(Thank god!):cool:

• Advertisement

Ah paddy, work it up...get your sister on here...!(am in too boring a job to make it interestinh,,)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

nearly tore open my onion sack but thats about it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 834 ✭✭✭The Agogo

My hands are in bits from digging all the ice up...no falls though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

I walked through a fairly busy gateway/thoroughfare at an incline earlier near where I live and it was seriously slippy, as slippy as anything I've ever encountered. I went to a flower bed (hole with dirt in it) nearby and used a paper cup to carry dirt to the slippy area. There was a girl coming the other direction and I told her:

"Thats really slippy be careful...I mean really slippy!"

She snotted her self. She was ok though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭ihatetractors

Christ, people i'd go through ya for a shortcut round this place!! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

I was watching the 6 o clock news today and they had a picture of an old woman walking in the snow in the background, for a couple of seconds i though, is this going to be another "fella hilariously falling on snow" clip only this time with a granny.....unfortunately it wasn't:(

Ah paddy aaaand the lads, ye let me down...had aaamazzing nursey stuff to revel, but ye r all asleep, will kep it 4 another dat!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

I can safely say I haven't fallen yet :D I've been taken my time and it's kept me on my feet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭jimthemental

Been careful this year after a bad fall at christmas I'm still not fixed from.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭sensibleken

Yeah two fals. Then I got those traction aids for my shoes and all was well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

Only fall I had was pissed. I tripped over the side of an igloo. God sake kid these days leaving there igloos around the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 ButtersStotch

Slipped and landed on my head. Needed 10 stitches and sprained my arm in the process aswell! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

Tore all my ankle ligaments yesterday slipping on ice. 9 hours in A&E. I'm a twat :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Mena wrote: »
    Tore all my ankle ligaments yesterday slipping on ice. 9 hours in A&E. I'm a twat :(

If it makes you feel any better we all agree with you...J/K

Advertisement