Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

So i want a new tele LCD LED PLASMA LSD

• 09-12-2010 12:34am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭

Right folks...

My head is mush.. I am a 30's generation fella and have feck all knowledge about teles....

I dont know what to buy

LCD/LED/PLASMA or what ever...

I want to buy a 42" My budget is as cheap as possible however I want sometime of good quality that will last the 10 years my current one has..

I love good picture and will consider surround sound if you can blue tooth the sound to the speakers...

No wires...

I also need a stand.:D

Can you give me help or links..

Thank you in advance...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,103 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Panasonic plasma are best for picture quality but that doesn't mean they are more expensive. Something like this would be good: http://www.powercity.ie/?par=10-13-P42S20

You could also try Seamus Watters up north.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

cnocbui wrote: »
    Panasonic plasma are best for picture quality but that doesn't mean they are more expensive. Something like this would be good: http://www.powercity.ie/?par=10-13-P42S20

You could also try Seamus Watters up north.

Do plasma's last long. I am have been told the plasma goes after a couple of years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭Iron Hide

Plasma's are a bit more susceptible to screen burn than the others, apart from that the only drawback is the weight of the damn thing. If yer buying a Plasma, double check its Full HD (1080p) and not just HD ready (720p), as most plasmas are only HD ready.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭fred252

i got this a couple of weeks back;

http://www.powercity.ie/?par=10-13-40C530

€480

very happy with it so far

Iron Hide wrote: »
    Plasma's are a bit more susceptible to screen burn than the others, apart from that the only drawback is the weight of the damn thing. If yer buying a Plasma, double check its Full HD (1080p) and not just HD ready (720p), as most plasmas are only HD ready.

Thank you... Why do you get screen burn.....

I imagine its like computer screen burn now...

I dont want the CBBIES or worse PLAYBOY logo etched into the corner of my tele...

Is this what you mean.

• Advertisement

Early plasmas suffered from burn, but modern Panasonics don't. It's as out of date as saying you need to pump the accelerator in cold weather because 20+ years ago cars had carburetors.

Panasonic plasmas can be had with 5 year warranties from Panasonic. The one I linked to is full HD.

cnocbui wrote: »
    Early plasmas suffered from burn, but modern Panasonics don't. It's as out of date as saying you need to pump the accelerator in cold weather because 20+ years ago cars had carburetors.

Panasonic plasmas can be had with 5 year warranties from Panasonic. The one I linked to is full HD.

Thank you.

So you would go with a panasonic with a 5 year guarantee Plasma...

Cool - Thanks. Will start shopping...

Thank you.

So you would go with a panasonic with a 5 year guarantee Plasma...

Cool - Thanks. Will start shopping...

Yes, I put my money where my mouth is and bought a panasonic 50" plasma with inbuilt Freesat receiver. It still amazes me after nearly two years of use. There was a BBC HD (sat) program on Yellowstone national park. It was more like having a window in the room than a TV. The cat was so fooled he tried to climb in and get at the wildlife - I kid you not. Did the whole I spy tasty prey bit.

Advertisement