Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

C&C - New York

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

2, 5 and 8 are especially good. I just wish 5 was closer maybe with the same angle?

Very happy to see pictures of the people/what they're doing and not just the buildings :)

In your flickr set I like the one of bridge in central park. Also the one of the slanted wall.

I miss New York, I only went there once but I was so sad coming home :(

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭jpb1974

I don't think they are C&C material... take a step back, take two steps to your right, put the rock on the bottom third, your horizon is crooked, I need to see more detail in the shadows blah, blah, blah

They are what they are... simple, imperfect, go with flow type photos.

I don't feel what has been presented (here on boards.ie) really fits as a set but I'm liking the second, the fifth and the last.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 588 ✭✭✭Lao Lao

jpb1974 wrote: »
    I don't think they are C&C material... take a step back, take two steps to your right, put the rock on the bottom third, your horizon is crooked, I need to see more detail in the shadows blah, blah, blah

They are what they are... simple, imperfect, go with flow type photos.

I don't feel what has been presented (here on boards.ie) really fits as a set but I'm liking the second, the fifth and the last.

I'm new to this, what exactly is C&C material?

Not being smart, just don't understand your post :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭jpb1974

For me C&C means "Command & Conquer" -

Its basically when you want to get your photographic skills so good that you can Command & Conquer the photography world with your skills and rant and rave on photography forums about not giving away your photos for free.

For others it means "Comment & Critique" -

It's where other people view your photos and tear the arse out of them in the hope that a verbal slap in the face will make you realize that you're not very good and subsequently will strive to get better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

All but the last one look like snapshots to be honest. The last one is pretty good though. You need to pay more attention to basic framing, rule of thirds and choice of subject. Most of them seem a little aimless, as if you saw something kind of interesting, snapped a quick photo and left immediately...as if you were a tourist in New York...

The last one is fairly well framed (top left isn't quite ideal), but there is a clear subject (your man in the middle, and we can see him clearly), he's positioned properly, and the railings make a nice framing device. I'd have gone a little closer and lower maybe, but you're on the right track. Do more like that.

• Advertisement
Advertisement