Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neglected Horse - Dublin Area

• 09-12-2010 12:48am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭

On behalf of a friend who has observed a neglected horse along the Maynooth train line. The horse has been grazing a piece of waste for about four months, and is now roaming the frozen ground without water (she lives closeby and is sure it has been abandoned and is in a very bad way).

She called the ISPCA who informed her that they dont deal with horses, and told her to call Fingal council. They in turn stated that the location placed it outside their responsibility and asked her to call another council. These infomred her that the Gardai now have responsiblity for this, so she called Coolmine station.....who said it was outside their responsibility and told her to call Clonsilla station.....who said it was outside their responsibility and told her to call Clonsilla station.....who said it was outside their responsibility and told her to call Blanchardstown station.....who told her to call the ISPCC.

Is there anything else that can be done? I assume if there is no proof of ownership or an individual accountable for the neglect then it isn't a criminal matter. Blue cross dont deal withh this sort of thing (she was told).

Any other options?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Tranceypoo

Jesus! As bad and all as it is for the dogs of this country, the horses stand absolutely no chance whatsover. I mean literally, what can you do??!! I had phoned the IHWT a couple of years ago about some horses I was worried about and they told me they 'don't cover Co Galway' - so then why call yourself the IRISH horse welfare trust. Sigh. Let us know what they say poster, I think they do cover Dublin area.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Try the DSPCA.

Advertisement