Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tottenham v Chelsea

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

smashing game. draw a fair result i think.

credit where credit is due john terry was an animal today.

great pen save by gomes but he was poor for the drogba goal.

though pav had a decent game, great goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Very dissapointe draw probably a fair result but Gomes had to do better for Drogbas goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭larry1

That may be so, but in general his passing is woeful at times.

I know BAE seems to be split a lot of people down the middle in this forum, but I'm definitely wary of his passing game.

BAE was our man of the match IMHO, he had a great game.

Assou-ekotto was brilliant today all right in fairness Chelsea played better than us but we were brilliant defensively Dawson was brilliant Gomes was so disappointing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

Benny was smashing today. We were both lucky and unlucky today, I expected a lot more from Bale tbh.

Was strange that Keane was brought on for Pav - he gave nothing to what was being given from Pav already.

• Advertisement

Cianan2 wrote: »
    Benny was smashing today. We were both lucky and unlucky today, I expected a lot more from Bale tbh.

Was strange that Keane was brought on for Pav - he gave nothing to what was being given from Pav already.

personally i think pav was way more effective. dont know weather keane didnt get into the game or what.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Lucky to get a draw in the end. Gomes was shocking for the goal and the pen incident, just aswell he saved it ;)

Nice to see Daws back, it will take him 3/4 games to get match sharpness back in full. Bale was quiet...

Some very winnable games over Xmas, fingers crossed...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Agree with most of what's been mentioned already. There's no way Gomes should've let that ball past him. Let it his your chest, face, whatever - it was straight at you. No excuses and I was as angry with that goal as I was with the first Arsenal scored in the Emirates. I think the penalty decision was correct, but it was unlucky for Gomes and a case of bad timing rather than anything else. He did really well to save it though as I assumed it was game over.

BAE was brilliant, Bale was very, very quiet and has been for a few games now - I don't know whether it's a case that he's been found out a bit or whether he's not quite on the top of his game. Cracking goal by Pav. Modric was good, and it was really good to see Dawson back - he'll only get better and sharper and I thought him and Bassong were excellent. Disappointed to only draw having gone ahead but to be honest, I don't think our performance warranted the win. We really need to be sharper up front.

I also agree that Terry was brilliant today, he didn't put a foot wrong and it's the best I've seen him play for some time. All in all, happy to get the point considering we were so close to losing it, but disappointed not to have taken 3.

i heard a rumour a while ago form a lad who knows a lad who is in the know(sounds like a chinese whisper i know!) that bale is struggling with a knock of some discriptions think it was a hamstring or something n he is very very tired. as i say its a rumour n been passed around a few different mouths so not sure what truth is in it!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

BAE was only bettered today by Terry IMHO. Draw was a more then fair result in the end and I can see the crowds turning on Drog over that miss.

I thoughts the refereeing was piss poor today. Missed frees on both sides that were very very obvious.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Just watched this on MOTD....between Essien's hatchet job on Bale, Terry tugging Defoe's jersey in his so-called "amazing tackle" and Drogba's blatant handball, I'm revising my view that a draw was a fair result!

I hope Cole is banned retrospectively for his two footed lunge on palacios thats the kind of thing that would easily break someone's leg disgraceful tackle and surprised no one seems to be mentioning it

I hope Cole is banned retrospectively for his two footed lunge on palacios thats the kind of thing that would easily break someone's leg disgraceful tackle and surprised no one seems to be mentioning it

prob cos everyone is used to seeing that fromthat nasty little [EMAIL="bast@rd"]bast@rd[/EMAIL]. i hate him.:mad:

Advertisement