Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

F*ckin iTunes....

• 09-12-2010 1:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭

Can't uninstall Itunes....
    ...and its driving me crazy! Have looked online to try and find a solution (which usually works) but no joy this time.

Keep getting this message when I try to open iTunes:

"This action is only valid for products that re currently installed"

And when I try to uninstall it I get this:

"The feature you are trying to use is on a netwrok resource that is unavailable. Click OK to try again or enter an alternate path to a folder containing the installation package "iTunes.msi" in the box below"

Any idea what this could be and how I fix it?!

Thanks smile.gif

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 555 ✭✭✭zodac

Use Revo Uninstaller:
    http://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller_free_download.html

Use it to get rid of iTunes, and then reinstall it afterwards. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭WildBoots

zodac wrote: »
    Use Revo Uninstaller:
    http://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller_free_download.html

Use it to get rid of iTunes, and then reinstall it afterwards. :)

If this works...€5 to charity of your choice.

Same bloody message comes up! :mad::mad::mad:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Try removing the itunes related installers using Windows Installer Cleanup Utility, then install iTunes again. Once it installs again it may work at uninstalling the junk fully :)

Nick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

Download c-cleaner then use the uninstall option

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭woolymammoth

WildBoots wrote: »
    Same bloody message comes up! :mad::mad::mad:
    did you do the advanced/thorough scan after the uninstall with Revo?

Itunes is a real pain with the amount of crap it installs. You need to make sure all files, folders, registry entires are removed. But on some pcs, i've still never goten it to work again after doing all that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,278 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Shams wrote: »
    Rather use the Registry Cleaner in ccleaner, then try.

yoyo wrote: »
    Try removing the itunes related installers using Windows Installer Cleanup Utility, then install iTunes again. Once it installs again it may work at uninstalling the junk fully :)

Nick

Thanks Nick! However, now I seem to have another problem, can't download what you recommended!

Keep getting a message that includes
    Error: ActiveX component can't create object:'Scripting.FileSystemObject'
    Source: Microsoft VBScript run time error

I'm huffing and puffing like the big bad wolf here!

Shams wrote: »

Tried that first, no joy!

did you do the advanced/thorough scan after the uninstall with Revo?

Itunes is a real pain with the amount of crap it installs. You need to make sure all files, folders, registry entires are removed. But on some pcs, i've still never goten it to work again after doing all that.

Couldn't even get to that stage as the uninstall won't work!

• Advertisement

WildBoots wrote: »
    Couldn't even get to that stage as the uninstall won't work!
    i know what you mean. But, that's what makes Revo so handy. It scans for what's left after the uninstall. Doesn't matter if it was successful or not. It runs the programs native uninstaller. Let it do that, doesn't matter if it fails. Then, you proceed with the aftr scan. Delete all traces from th Reg & the disk. I'm not gonna guarantee it will work 'cos itunes it a massive pain int he bollox. but do the revo uninstall. check all the folders are gone. run a reg cleaner. reboot to eliminate anything in memory. run a reg cleaner. check all the folders are gone. it's a real pain in the hole..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 555 ✭✭✭zodac

No need to even go that far. The normall uninstaller will fail, but just have Revo sweep up the files after that. Then try reinstalling. :)

zodac wrote: »
    No need to even go that far. The normall uninstaller will fail, but just have Revo sweep up the files after that. Then try reinstalling. :)
    you're obviously one of the lucky ones :D

Advertisement