Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Facebook numbers thingy

• 09-12-2010 1:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭

Are you fúcking serious?

We just got rid of all the pedophiles and now this shít....

Why are people so stupid?

Please delete any friends you see doing this

Edit: This is the trend apparently
    pick a number from 1-500 and send me your number in a private message. then i will post a status with exactly how I feel about you without anyone knowing who you are ....

_

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

What is this?? I haven't heard??

Somebody tell me so I can keep up with the trend!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

is the numbers thing not just a bit of craic?? A guessing game for the bored?? At least it's not wrapped up in a charity/cause-awareness label!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Is it to raise awareness of numbers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭tricks

It's only a game :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭yermandan

wha?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

Guess I'm getting deleted so! :p

I can't remember the last time (if ever) I jumped a facebook bandwagon-- I never did the profile pic changes or status chain letters or whatever.

However, I'm doing this one, because I'm kinda curious as to who's going to message me.

Only PM'd one person a number myself because I figured the answer would be funny.

Anyway, I don't get why people throw these big strops about bandwagons. Who cares, you don't have to participate and you can just hide their updates. Judging an entire person for choosing to play a silly game when they've nothing better to do is a bit rash and, frankly, a bit petty, don't you think?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

is the numbers thing not just a bit of craic??

No, it's just as retarded...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭mle1324

Tallon wrote: »

_

Why ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Sea Sharp

I saw one person doing it doing it, what's it all about?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Einhard

Are you fúcking serious?

Why are people so stupid?

_

I don't have any friends.

I don't know what you're talking about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Einhard

What is this?? I haven't heard??

Somebody tell me so I can keep up with the trend!!!!

Eh, you havta send nudie pictures of yourself to people on boards whose nicks begin with Ein. All the cool kids are doing it.

Honest.

liah wrote: »
    Guess I'm getting deleted so! :p

No, your special :)
    Anyway, I don't get why people throw these big strops about bandwagons. Who cares, you don't have to participate and you can just hide their updates. Judging an entire person for choosing to play a silly game when they've nothing better to do is a bit rash and, frankly, a bit petty, don't you think?

I wouldn't mind if these things popped up now and again from couple of people, but it's everyone who jumps on them, sometimes all at one, stautus updates, profile pic changes, like this group to see a text message so bad that the person who read it shít themselves and procceded to eat it!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭hiscan

I think it's only teenagers that are doing the numbers thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Einhard wrote: »
    Eh, you havta send nudie pictures of yourself to people on boards whose nicks begin with Ein. All the cool kids are doing it.

Honest.

Few, thanks for filling me in. I'll just pick the best one from my naked photo album and pm in a sec. Honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 519 ✭✭✭AnneElizabeth

Are you fúcking serious?

You're comparing a numbers game to paedophiles? For starters I highly doubt that cartoon pictures thing had anything to do with paedophiles. And besides what possible harm is this numbers thing doing to anyone?

Sounds like someone's angry for a different reason..

I wouldn't mind if these things popped up now and again from couple of people, but it's everyone who jumps on them, sometimes all at one, stautus updates, profile pic changes, like this group to see a text message so bad that the person who read it shít themselves and procceded to eat it!!!!

What I can't understand about this bit is instead of your friends posting it on your profile,why don't they just tell you what was in it?:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

4 or 5 of my friends are doing it now, the only purpose its serving is clogging up my news feed! Not doing it either because it'd be such an effort!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Sharkey 10

Am i the only person on boards that doesnt have a facebook account?
    My friends think i should have one and my sister thinks im a freak for not having one. I never felt the need to have one .

I dunno. I learned to ignore bandwagon jumping in highschool and now I only bother if it's something that genuinely would amuse me. Like if they had a Dr. Horrible day or something. That I would do.

It's just that, on one side you have the annoying bandwagon jumpers, but the ones on the opposite side, the ones who decry every little trend and cultural reference on facebook, are equally as irritating and bandwagon jumping.

If it ACTUALLY bothered people, instead of using the bandwagon-hatred as just another mechanism to fit in (hate brings people together), they'd just hide the statuses that bother them and move on. But they don't, they winge and whine and throw a big public strop just to let everyone know how irritated they are and so they can get the pats on their back.

Making what they're doing exactly what they're getting irritated about in the first place :pac:

I just ignore both. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Facebook serious **** tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,159 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Can someone explain wtf this is?

You're comparing a numbers game to paedophiles? For starters I highly doubt that cartoon pictures thing had anything to do with paedophiles. And besides what possible harm is this numbers thing doing to anyone?

Sounds like someone's angry for a different reason..

Really, thats what you got from my post? That I'm comparing numbers to pedophiles?

Oh jeeze

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭laura.

oi tallon, maybe all your friends on fb think your the wierdo for not joining in....hmmmmm contraversial...

it's only a bitta craic after the week that was in it haha:D

they'd just hide the statuses that bother them and move on

But then all my friend status' would be hidden... I wouldn't see anything they posted then, which would defeat the purpose of logging into FB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

For anyone who's wondering, it's this

pick a number from 1-500 and send me your number in a private message. then i will post a status with exactly how I feel about you without anyone knowing who you are ....

seems like there's room for confusion there though, what if two people send you the same number? "212: I ****ing hate your guts, I farted on your pillow one time and it aroused me", followed immediately by "212: I'm so glad I have you in my life, you make me smile and it arouses me".

Damn my arousing facebook friends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Rockery Woman

Hey whats the numbers thingy??? Ive just been on facebook and didnt see any sign of it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Ban Me!

Sharkey 10 wrote: »
    Am i the only person on boards that doesnt have a facebook account?
    My friends think i should have one and my sister thinks im a freak for not having one. I never felt the need to have one .
    You're not alone. :)

Quazzie wrote: »
    Can someone explain wtf this is?

I think you have to inbox a number to any of your friends account and they reply on their Status quoting the number and what they think about you,well something along those lines anyway.

But then all my friend status' would be hidden... I wouldn't see anything they posted then, which would defeat the purpose of logging into FB

Well, hiding them, deleting them, what's the difference other than potentially getting into that "omg why did you delete me off facebook?!" conversation?

If people really annoy me with spam I just hide the worst culprits til the trend appears to be over. Then unhide them and all is well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Saila

you mean facebook?, way ahead of you there..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 102 ✭✭Sungodbr

The Numbers Gang are a well known prison gang with one of the most fearsome reputations for starting numbers games in South Africa if not the World.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭High energy

When people send me a message with numbers in it, I am going to politely refuse to participate in the game. That'll teach 'em!!!! MUHAHAAHAHAAAA

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭sandmanporto

never heard of it

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Oh it has to be between 1-500 - I've been sending people huge numbers just to annoy them when they post up the status :P. Like 948582029 and 3.632 x 10^18 - although I did send somebody 7.0000356, which fits in the range nicely (they didn't specify integer :o).

Procrastination will make me do odd things :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Sitec

I just got a 69 from your Ma.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

I would hope that anyone I'm friends with be able to say how they felt about me in public. If they have to keep it secret then there is something seriously wrong with our friendship.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

If you don't like it, don't do it. You don't have to have a big song and dance about it. You can be different quietly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

There is a few people on my friends list that are doing this, but seriously, what do facebook status' matter? I mean over the weekend there was a change your photo to a cartoon character in order to combat child abuse, REALLY?!

It's stupid. Anyone can start something some day and have it grow.

Tomorrow I might try and start a change your picture to a picture of your toe to show your respect to people who have lost their toes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,731 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

1. Hover over a status update on your news feed
    2. Click the little "X" that appears in the top right of the update
    3. Choose hide single post or hide all that persons posts

I have to say I've hidden a few people on my FB and consequently am much less annoyed when i log onto facebook. So little annoyed in fact that not once have I felt the need to start a thread on anything my friends have said on FB!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Mine goes like this:
    ColHol wrote: »
    I have to say I've deleted my FB and consequently am much less annoyed when i don't have to log onto facebook. So little annoyed in fact that not once have I felt the need to log back into facebook ever again!

• Advertisement

I also adore the people who go on and on about how they don't have a facebook, as if it makes them somehow superior (at least enough that they have to mention it every single time facebook is brought up, which, tbh, is a bit weirder than people who are on facebook talking about facebook). They're great craic too. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

I also adore the people who go on and on about how they don't have a facebook, as if it makes them somehow superior (at least enough that they have to mention it every single time facebook is brought up, which, tbh, is a bit weirder than people who are on facebook talking about facebook). They're great craic too. :p

Oi Liah Oeltjen :mad:

I had one for about 2 years and only got rid of it there last week, feelsgoodman.jpg

-curtain twitching for the 21st century
    -employer checks
    -talked to only a small proportion of the friends on it
    -these people have my contact details anyway

So, to reiterate, I feel somehow superior and am great craic.

qz wrote: »
    Oi Liah Oeltjen :mad:

I had one for about 2 years and only got rid of it there last week, feelsgoodman.jpg

-curtain twitching for the 21st century
    -employer checks
    -talked to only a small proportion of the friends on it
    -these people have my contact details anyway

So, to reiterate, I feel somehow superior and am great craic.

I suppose if you don't travel/don't have a particularly wide circle of friends it's pretty irrelevant to have a facebook, but I'd find it pretty tough to keep in contact with everybody in the States, Canada, UK, Ireland, Germany, Norway, etc. without it.

It's actually an absolutely lovely way to keep updated on your friends and family.. hell, without it I wouldn't've been able to talk to my Dad for the first time in 20 years (not that that ended well, but that's besides the point).

But hey, enjoy your feeling of superiority. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

JONJO is not a member of facebook nor will he ever be, this despite people begging me to join, no way sir thank you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

****in retards. Send it in private mail then soon as they post it the other ****in idiot likes it. Not so private is it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

Ah! Stop being silly. All these things are just a bit of fun I haven't done it myself but it doesn't bother me if people do. Just hide their updates and get on with life :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

Why can't they tell each other all this in real life?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

It seems strange that people who use the supposedly retarded Facebook get so frequently worked up about the many supposedly retarded sub-elements therein.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 322 ✭✭Apolloyon

I love you 27. I love you so very much!*

*It doesn't mean a person. I just have a number fetish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Ooooh, I hope my friends like me!! clear

JumpOnTheBandWagon likes this

• Advertisement
Advertisement