Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quompilation #1 - Featuring Squarehead, We Are Losers, Patrick Kelleher and more

Options
  • 09-12-2010 1:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 650 ✭✭✭

Hey, I guess this is as suitable a place for this as I'm going to find. I just want to let you all know about Quompilation #1, a limited edition cassette that is coming out on the Quarter Inch Collective in January. It has 13 of Ireland's best bands doing covers of their favourite songs of 2010. It's the first physical release on Quarter Inch and we're very excited about it. There's going to be a launch party in January and it should all be lots of fun. The full list of participating bands (in alphabetical order) is:
    • Cloud Castle Lake
    • Flok
    • Ginola
    • Hipster Youth
    • Kid Karate
    • Market Force
    • No Monster Club
    • Patrick Kelleher
    • Rhino Magic
    • Sacred Animals
    • Spies
    • Squarehead
    • We Are Losers
    And you can check out all the rest of the details on Quarterinchcollective.com

All the best,

Ian

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Is there a date set for the launch party in January?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Aridstarling

It's looking like the 27th at the moment. Hoping to get as many bands as possible together. It'll probably be in the Lower Deck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Aridstarling

Sorry about the bump but you can hear the first track from this now. It's a cover of Twin Shadow's 'Castles In The Snow' by Sacred Animals. Full details on the launch gig to follow later this week.

Hear the track here.

Advertisement