Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cat staying out in the cold?!

• 09-12-2010 2:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,
    Just wondering if anyone has any ideas as to why my cat is staying out most of the day and night in this weather?
    Normally she comes and goes during the day and then comes in at about 10/11pm for the night to sleep on the end of our bed...

But since this cold weather started she's gone first thing in the morning and we don't see her again until very late at night, some nights it's 3/4am when she appears (and I don't appreciate getting out of my warm bed to let her in!)

I don't think she's sick or anything, she's eating lots, she's neutered so I know she doesn't have a family hidden somewhere, so I can't think what she might be up to!

Anyone got any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭Kimia

She could be hunting the birds?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

She has found a warmer place with nicer food.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

aujopimur wrote: »
    She has found a warmer place with nicer food.

Don't think that's it - she has a lovely warm bed beside the fire here and is always hungry when she comes in. Maybe she's hunting though...

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭MsFifers

I would also guess the hunting - its easier for cats to catch the poor little freezing birds and rodents in this cold weather as they are weaker and slower from the lack of food and the icy conditions.

Advertisement