Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Very important question about Peanut Butter KitKats...

Options
  • 09-12-2010 2:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭

Do they still sell them anymore?? My friend and I were obsessed with them, and then suddenly they disappeared. Has anyone seen them in the shops recently, or are they gone for good? Cos that would be a damn shame.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

A quick Google search shows they were discontinued due to 'lack of demand'

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kit_Kat#Large_single_finger_.27Chunky.27_bars

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

They're not gone.......... just havin' a break.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭joe stodge

i ****ing loved them. they'll never be back no one ever ate them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

Em , I think they were replaced with caramel kit kats

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭Inverse to the power of one!

Yes, they do contain traces of nuts.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Cheap Thrills!

Eurgh, they sound revolting !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭hiscan

Eurgh, they sound revolting !

Actually they weren't all that bad although I'd forgotten all about them until I read this Thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Peanut lion bar was better. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭hiscan

Hal1 wrote: »
    Peanut lion bar was better. :cool:

I had forgotten these as well and yes they were better:)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

KeithM89 wrote: »
    It is very strange, anybody I know who had them loved them. I had rakes of them at one stage, the 2 euro shops had 5 for 2euro.

old thread here about them
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055110043

in which I said
    rubadub wrote: »
    Some people have an automatic aversion to peanut butter. Many dont even know what it is!, it is simply blended/ground/liquidised peanuts, sometimes with a little oil added to it. Some see it as "kids food", I have people comment on me eating fish fingers (saying it is kids food), yet if I ate a larger sized processed breaded fish cake they have no problem.

To some peanut butter is for bread, so the idea of mixing it with chocolate is odd.

Kids can make great bars. Get ice cream wafers, put peanut butter between them and layer them up, then dip in melted chocolate. Safe "cooking" for kids, like chocolate rice crispies

I expect some people who can not get their head around peanut butter might eat other bars like dairy milk wholenut and not think twice about it having nuts. Just like they would think nutella "is for bread" so would think it odd to put it on chocolate or icecream.

Some people are just set in their ways and do not fundamentally think or reason why things are "wrong". The other mad one is people who will refuse to eat any animal other than pigs before noon -fecking oddballs.

You can always spread peanut butter on any type of bars if you like it that much, works well on kitkats.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

KeithM89 wrote: »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kit_Kat#Large_single_finger_.27Chunky.27_bars

These were so, so, so good.

A nation weeps.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Plowman

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement