Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

When you found about about santa, what did you do?

• 09-12-2010 3:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭

I had my suspicions, but on way home from 5 star in carlow, i carried inmy xnas present..da fail..ma killed him..it was one of those telephone things with a wire to the next room...i thought iyt was ultra cool at the time..i am so very old...

Anyhoo., I said it to me da, ..and he said ask yer ma...

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,847 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

I thanked him for my presents, apologised for being up so late and interupting his work, and wished him all the best for the evening.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 949 ✭✭✭maxxie

shuvly wrote: »
    I had my suspicions, but on way home from 5 star in carlow, i carried inmy xnas present..da fail..ma killed him..it was one of those telephone things with a wire to the next room...i thought iyt was ultra cool at the time..i am so very old...

what you talkin bout drunky?

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Paddy_Smith

How many did you have, to drink??? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭chucken1

Ask what??

Santys real..ok!:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭ciano1

What happened when I found out what about Santa?

Is there something to know? :eek:

• Advertisement

ciano1 wrote: »
    What happened when I found out what about Santa?

Is there something to know? :eek:

No No..shes on the wine! You know the way she gets :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Orange69

Is Santa gay?

Orange69 wrote: »
    Is Santa gay?

Stop bein silly now..off to bed you go!

Mrs Claus? Remember her? Ssshhhh now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭taytothief

Told all my mates and any kid in shouting distance how foolish he was for believing in something so impossible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Orange69 wrote: »
    Is Santa gay?
    He lives with a load of male midgets he calls his elves....what do you think:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Nothing, cause I found it out myself, as opposed to being told about it.

Whereas my mother constantly reminds me of how she cried when she found out.

taytothief wrote: »
    Told all my mates and any kid in shouting distance how foolish he was for believing in something so impossible.

Oh...A Real Life Grinch!!! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Saila

taytothief wrote: »

Karl is that you? my mate did the same to us when he was about 6-8 or something. Didnt say anything to the folks though..just kept playing the game ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 363 ✭✭Rockn

I can't remember finding out so it can't have been that big a deal. Or maybe my mind has blocked out the traumatic memory.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 ac08400

I told the little bollix who was saying Santa did not exist that he was talking rubbish. My parents would have told me if that were true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 375 ✭✭jugger

i pretented to belive for a couple of years longer ....hey i was getting presents :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

I can't remember how i found out but I think i just pretended to believe for a year or two and then it just faded into me knowing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭Sergeant

I realised this situation could be used to my advantage, and pretended to believe for another year or two. I then proceeded to ask for an Amiga 500 and a BMX bike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,983 ✭✭✭Degag

I offered him a corn flake, he accepted and said "Ho Ho Ho" I was delighted and promptly went to sleep. When i woke up in the morning, none of my siblings would believe me. Bastards.:mad:

Degag wrote: »
    I offered him a corn flake, he accepted and said "Ho Ho Ho" I was delighted and promptly went to sleep. When i woke up in the morning, none of my siblings would believe me. Bastards.:mad:

But he IS real. :)

• Advertisement

Pocketfizz wrote: »
    I can't remember how i found out but I think i just pretended to believe for a year or two and then it just faded into me knowing.

You know nothing!!

He's Real.. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,983 ✭✭✭Degag

chucken1 wrote: »
    But he IS real. :)
    Of course he is, did i say otherwise?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭Sergeant

He had a tough year though, the marriage between himself and Mr's Claus is on the rocks and he took to overeating and consuming 2 litres of whiskey a day. Production of toys is way behind, and he is suffering from acute gout.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

I'd already gotten quite suss a few times anyway, one was when Santa left me a board game with the Quinnsworth sticker still on it. Then Santa left me a note which was very similiar to my dad's handwriting. I figured it out myself. But i dragged it out as long as possible to get extra presents. I half remember my mam telling me the truth about Santy and i think she was quite shocked that i wasn't at all upset.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Made a hoax call to Childline to get my parents in the shit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

When ye found about about santa, wot did ye do?

Quoted for posterity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 485 ✭✭Elenxor

SANTA IS REAL...RIGHT!!!!!!

So just shaddup!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

I went on a drunken haze induced killing spree.

Wait? Who is saying Santa is fake? Lies! Why would you like about something like that?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

I cannot remember when I realised. I am guessing it was about aged 7 or 8.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

I was such a little bitch. I found out from my best friend. I was so pissed off i thought, ok this isn't being ruined just for me. So I told my little sister. Cue lots of crying and a serious telling off from the parents.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

I was 5, I asked for a NES, heard a familar doo doo doo, di doo doo doo, doo di di di doo doo of Mario. Snook downstairs to find my sister playing my NES. Wasn't so upset about Santa coming early, I just wanted to play my new game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭jimthemental

Sad thing is that my faith in religion went out the door with Santa. I've also been ultra cynical and have steered my career towards science since. My parents have a lot to answer for.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭ismiseuisce

When I was in 2nd class my friend (whose family didn't have Santa in their house) told the whole class that Santa was made up. :(

I pretended to my mum that I still believed for years because I was terrified that I wouldn't get any Christmas presents if she knew that I knew.

She finally told me in 6th class and even then I still pretended that I still believed... I was terrified that if I made it clear that I didn't believe then I would never get a Christmas present again.

I was such a naive child!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

I opened the bottle of stout that was left on the table drank it which lead to my life as a drinker, ate the slice of cake and began my life as a comfort eater, then i lay on the couch **** and crying which started my life as a lazy crying wanker.

I blame santy on the fact that i'm an lazy overweight alcoholic who is a physical and emotional wreck that **** too much.

I hate you santy. I'm going to the pub

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,151 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

I was such a little bitch. I found out from my best friend. I was so pissed off i thought, ok this isn't being ruined just for me. So I told my little sister. Cue lots of crying and a serious telling off from the parents.

At least finding out didn't drive you to drink like the OP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Sad thing is that my faith in religion went out the door with Santa. I've also been ultra cynical and have steered my career towards science since. My parents have a lot to answer for.

I was thinking the same thing as I was reading through the thread.

I remember being told "no, jesus IS real" and thinking to myself, "yeah right, pull the other one!" :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

ejmaztec wrote: »
    At least finding out didn't drive you to drink like the OP.

Touché, ejmaztec, touché.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,015 ✭✭✭optogirl

I was wrecking my sister's heads about it for a about 3 days one Summer - 'but is he real? 'You're lying?' Is he? He's not? Is he? until my Da eventually called me aside and said 'Mammy & Daddy are Santa'. I ran into the tent, had a little cry and then got over it! Fair play to my sisters though - they didn't relent on the pretence. Probably because it's better fun when there are believers around.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Jeasus, its that far back, I can't even remember! LOL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭Orando Broom

I broke the place up and had to be physically restrained by the local Justice of the Peace and two strong uncles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

I pulled the car over to the side of the road and told my children to shut their filthy lying mouths!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,742 ✭✭✭blackbelt

orourkeda wrote: »
    I opened the bottle of stout that was left on the table drank it which lead to my life as a drinker, ate the slice of cake and began my life as a comfort eater, then i lay on the couch **** and crying which started my life as a lazy crying wanker.

I blame santy on the fact that i'm an lazy overweight alcoholic who is a physical and emotional wreck that **** too much.

I hate you santy. I'm going to the pub

Ladies and gentleman,this is what happens when you are an Aston Villa supporter.:D

Advertisement