Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nz in weeks and two days

Options
  • 09-12-2010 8:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭

hi, heading to new Zealand on sat for two weeks and two days landing in auckland and flying out of christchurch and renting a camper van.
    i want to go to the volanco place in north island, white water rafting, bungee jump, sky dive, milford sound.

can anyone recommend best places to do all these and also any other places that shouldnt be missed??? thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭earnyourturns

I reckon the best place to see Milford Sound is in Milford Sound :P

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭LostGirly

me1724 wrote: »
    hi, heading to new Zealand on sat for two weeks and two days landing in auckland and flying out of christchurch and renting a camper van.
    i want to go to the volanco place in north island, white water rafting, bungee jump, sky dive, milford sound.

can anyone recommend best places to do all these and also any other places that shouldnt be missed??? thanks

Hi there, spent two weeks in NZ in August - it's amazing you will love it! The people are top class!!

We flew into Christchurch then drove to Queenstown! Stopped off to see Lake Tekepo it's a must! There are lakes everywhere but this one is really pretty! You can stay in Tekepo but I'd advise going to Ashburton on the way to Q'town!

I'd go to Milford Sound from Queenstown we got an organised tour because it's quite the trip from most cities it's well worth it but it's a long haul and the cost balances out as petrol would be mad for it!! You get free lunch etc!!

We then went up to Franz Josef to climb the glacier - that's a definite must do! It was brilliant! Half day is plenty don't think they could have shown us much more on the full day - bring plasters for the heels of your feet :)

Auckland isn't the nicest city but the boat trip around the harbour was amazing! Hamilton is a great spot for a party - it's a college ton!! Rotorua is fab (pity about the smell) but it's a gorgeous city! I assume you mean the geysers when you talk about the volcano place - its pretty cool too! We did Black Water Rafting in Waitomo that was really cool too, didn't do the White Water Rafting!! Bungee Jump/Sky Dive do it in Queenstown especially the Sky Dive its such a gorgeous place to be looking down on and there's a spot on the way into Queenstown that's the third highest - Nevis highwire I think!!

Am what else! Oh yes Have a burger in Fergburger in Queenstown and drink out of a teapot in the World Bar also in Queenstown!
    Go to a local bar and have an amazing time with the locals - they are super fun! Best place for that is in the smaller towns!
    The Hot Spas in Rotorua are great for relaxing in - go at night when its colder outside!
    Do the cable cars in as many cities as possible but defo do it in Queenstown
    (Yeah I know, I'm clearly in love with Queenstown!)

If I think of anything else I'll let you know :) You'll love every second of it! It's the best country in the World!!

Oh thought of another thing - since you've such little time - hire the camper for a week in North Island do a round trip - fly to South Island and hire a second van - you don't have enough time to drive between both Islands and you don't want to wast time either! Internal flights are dirt cheap - about 50euro max!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭me1724

Thanks a lot lostgirly loads of good info for me there...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 586 ✭✭✭conolan

I'm heading there in March. Love to hear anything about campervan experience.

Advertisement