Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anywhere I Can Drop Off Some Toys For Christmas?

Options
  • 09-12-2010 10:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭

Basically, I'm looking for any shops, supermarkets or charity shops where I can drop off a few toys for christmas. I'm looking for places that will use them as gifts, rather than sold to raise funds. Any area of the city will do.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭steve9859

I heard a representative from SVP on the radio a couple of mornings ago asking people to not bring in toys, especially not 2nd hand ones (before anyone has a go at me, those arent my words, but just what I heard on the radio). They said that people find it demeaning to receive toys as handouts, especially used ones. If I had toys I'd take them to the charity shop

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

It was new toys I had in mind. I'd imagine most people would find it demeaning to accept any sort of handout, but I thought there might be some kids who mightn't be getting much for Christmas and would love to receive something nice from Santa.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bubbaloo

Ryan Tubridy has a whole campaign going for the SVP. They are asking people to donate new toys which SVP will give to families in need of pressies for Xmas. You can drop them off at any Supervalu or many of the train stations around the country. I think it's a brilliant idea and I bought a few board games to donate. You can find more info here:

http://2fm.rte.ie/tft

I should mention that the last day to drop off the toys is this Sunday (12th Dec) - so that they get to families in time for 25th!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

http://www.svp.ie/Appeal-2010/2fm-Appeal.aspx

How Do I Donate?
    * Buy a toy: the toy must be NEW
    * Do not wrap the toy - we'll only have to unwrap it and we don't want to waste paper!
    * Drop the toy at a collection point

Gift Ideas:
    * No large presents - size wise. Vouchers are perfect.
    * Get what you would like ...for yourself or family...
    * Ask in your local BOOKSHOP. Book sellers are always able to recommend good books for kids of particular ages, and they will know what is popular.
    * Vouchers... 'One for all' are great....and they can be used in a variety of shops and not supporting any one store/company.
    * Do not wrap the presents - please leave them unwrapped!
    * Minimum value €10
    * Toys must be New - no second hand toys please.

Drop off point
    BARONS SELF STORAGE
    Riverside Commercial Est,
    Tuam Rd,
    Galway.

You can also drop off your Toys for Tubs at the Iarnród Éireann station.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

^^^^
    Just to add to the above, SuperValu is also a drop-off point as well.
    Nestor's SuperValu on Fr. Griffin Road is a pretty handy location in the city.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

If you have some left over and missed the SVP deadline, you could try the Santa Strike Force as well, just ask DeVore about collecting/dropping them off.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

thanks a lot lads (and ladies). Barons is close by, so I'll ring them to see if they're still collecting.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

A bit off topic but it includes toys and the VDP. The Sawdoctors new release the acapella version of Red Cortina is available on itunes for 99cent. And for every one downloaded Smyths Toys are giving 1 EURO to the VDP. Of course its the Docs attempt of trying to get to number one but at least its for a good cause.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

could drop some off here
    salthill3.jpg

or if you're ever down in clare:
    cliffs-of-moher.jpg

Advertisement