Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flat feet

Options
  • 09-12-2010 10:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭

Hi does anyone know of any good insoles or ortohitcs for flat feet?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭kangaroo

Swampy wrote: »
    Hi does anyone know of any good insoles or ortohitcs for flat feet?

Thanks
    When I got orthotics for my flat feet (nearly 20 years ago), they were molded to your feet i.e. you put your feet into a mold and it was sent away. One didn't get an exact mold back. But they were customised to the shape of your feet rather than just buying them off the shelf. Maybe I'm not saying anything new.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭stimpson

I can recommend Chris from Dublin City Foot Clinic

http://sites.google.com/site/dublincityfootclinic/

He made me a set a few months ago and it has made a huge difference. I was almost crippled beforehand

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Swampy

stimpson wrote: »
    I can recommend Chris from Dublin City Foot Clinic

http://sites.google.com/site/dublincityfootclinic/

He made me a set a few months ago and it has made a huge difference. I was almost crippled beforehand
    I'll give him a call. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

I went to the spine clinic on Booterstown Ave a few years ago to get orthotics fitted before I joined the army because I have slightly flat feet,they took a scan of my foot on the computer and ordered custom orthotics,cant remember exact price but was around 150-200,no problems since and very comfortable.

http://thespineclinic.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭cltt97

I remember that you could buy over the counter ones from Scholl, basically just an arch support, that would be your cheap option, but as others have recommended I would go and have them custom made. Many physiotherapists or chiropractors do them - and I've been to that guy Chris a few years ago, too, he is very nice - although I didn't get orthotics from him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭kangaroo

cltt97 wrote: »
    I remember that you could buy over the counter ones from Scholl, basically just an arch support, that would be your cheap option, but as others have recommended I would go and have them custom made. Many physiotherapists or chiropractors do them - and I've been to that guy Chris a few years ago, too, he is very nice - although I didn't get orthotics from him.
    I got non-customised insoles when I was a teenager. The physio suggested I wait until my feet stopped growing to the customised orthotics.

One thing with orthotics is that your old shoes might not fit - at least that happened to me with a lot of my footwear. And you should put them in when trying new footwear. Fortunately, I don't exactly have a shoe fetish/collection.

Advertisement