Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

talk to eircom not in menus

Options
  • 09-12-2010 10:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭

I can't get onto the eircom forum, as it is not added to the Biz -> Talk to menu at the top of the page. Its not on the Talk To main page either
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

I was just about to come in here to post the same thing. The forum is inaccessible except by finding a thread link from somewhere else or going to http://www.boards.ie/eircom

It's not in the subcategory "Talk To" or listed on the "Biz" category either. I'm aware menu generation takes place once per day but the fact it isn't visible yet would point to why it wasn't added to the menu overnight :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭Darragh

Thanks folks, noticed that too. Looking into it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

It was acting weird last night too. When I clicked on 'My Forums' thread from the forum appeared in the list even though I'm not subscribed to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

EAFC_rdfl wrote: »
    I can't get onto the eircom forum, as it is not added to the Biz -> Talk to menu at the top of the page. Its not on the Talk To main page either

It is there - you've just been cut off for a week after your third strike.

Macros42 wrote: »
    It is there - you've just been cut off for a week after your third strike.

noeircom.gif

No, it isn't. And I think with Darragh confirming the issue your point (however true it may be) is moot.

• Advertisement

facepalm_implied.jpg

Not really the place to troll tbh :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Not really the place to troll tbh :rolleyes:

He's not trolling, you just didn't get the joke

5008_9c00_420.gif

Tallon wrote: »
    He's not trolling, you just didn't get the joke

....And there we go :pac: :D

Facepalm is appropriate, I blame the fact I'm not an eircom customer for the delay

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

janeybabe wrote: »
    It was acting weird last night too. When I clicked on 'My Forums' thread from the forum appeared in the list even though I'm not subscribed to it.

I just checked to see if this is still happening today and it is. Something to add to the to-do list.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Strange, I posted in eircom forum yesterday and now the forum is gone and my post with it.

Nm, found it eventually
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056114849

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Should be sorted now. Dav says Oops. :p

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

just looking at the Biz and Talk to... section. sometimes it's there and others it's not
    and it's not appearing in the drop-down categories thing at the top of the page (using the White style)
    just a cut of 4 screenshots i took
    eircom.jpg

....And there we go :pac: :D

Facepalm is appropriate, I blame the fact I'm not an eircom customer for the delay

All friends so :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

janeybabe wrote: »
    Same for me.

Apart from the forum appears in My Forums for some users, there's just one niggly issue and that is the forum isn't in the correct order. I almost posted in here because when I checked it wasn't appearing above Elara :D

This isn't a problem for the nav menu at the top but the forum appears in the listings after 3 and before Blacknight which doesn't make sense to me :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭Darragh

Aye, thanks! Will get the sort order changed tomorrow. *adds to list of things to do*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

If it's anything like their call centre procedures, one would want to go through about six other fora to get there.

And then find oneself unable to start a thread, and being constantly redirected to the homepage.

Darragh wrote: »
    Aye, thanks! Will get the sort order changed tomorrow. *adds to list of things to do*

Pending :p

All fixed, thanks guys :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement