Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Going Bill Pay

Options
  • 09-12-2010 11:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭

I'm thinking of switching to Bill Pay as a new phone is in order.

I'm currently payg with Meteor and get my free texts to any network for 20 a month.

Is there any Bill Pay plan that will allow me to continue with the unlimited texts?

I have researched and found most plans only offer a certain number of texts but I would go well over most of them figures.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Depends on what your usage is? Is it a huge amount of txts to other networks? If you sign up as a new customer online you could get free meteor txt and calls. Then other non meteor txts could clock down off your allowance.

Give us a better idea of what you spend on credit and what you use it on, txts, calls or data. Also if you don't change to bill i think it's worth leaving prepaid and returning as a new customer to get this additional offer to what you have: http://www.meteor.ie/plans/pay_as_you_go/move_to_meteor/ (Might be a catch there, don't see it though)

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭McGarnagle92

foto joe wrote: »
    Depends on what your usage is? Is it a huge amount of txts to other networks? If you sign up as a new customer online you could get free meteor txt and calls. Then other non meteor txts could clock down off your allowance.

Give us a better idea of what you spend on credit and what you use it on, txts, calls or data. Also if you don't change to bill i think it's worth leaving prepaid and returning as a new customer to get this additional offer to what you have: http://www.meteor.ie/plans/pay_as_you_go/move_to_meteor/ (Might be a catch there, don't see it though)

It's a huge amount of texts in general, maybe 60+ a day. Mostly to meteor though. I spend the 20 a month to get these free texts and when they run out I'd have about €16 left, so €4 was spent on calls and data all month. not much at all. I'd use wi-fi for the internet mostly anyway. I'd prefer a bill pay option that suits me as I could get a cheaper phone rather than paying out €400 + for a good one. I'd love a htc desire or iPhone etc if that helps.

anything anybody?

Would really love to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

How many texts are you talking about

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭BengaLover

It really does pay to phone each company and ask outright if the can do you a good deal.
    When you find a cheaper one than another, phone the rest back and quote them the cheapest price of the competitor...
    Im a great believer in shopping around.. these days if you get the right person on the phone you never know what you can get.
    I remember once moaning to sky about charges and getting 6mths free subscription from them..

• Advertisement

texts would be 50+ a day as stated already.

I will try the phoning each company thing though :)

I thought it was just standard offers that can't be changed, am I wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭thefishone

On 3,for €25 a month,you can get up 3000 texts a month and 200 minutes to any network and the same to people on the 3 network,this is the on best of both,which means the bill will never be more then the €25 and you can top up with credit.Works very well for me.

Hi looking back into this again and still want to go bill pay but im not finding any good deals.
    All i want is unlimited texts and a tiny bit for calls and no data.
    My max is €30 or €25 a month but they all only include about 200 texts a month which isn't enough at all. I'm a missing out on something?
    I'm currently with Meteor PAYG hoping the get a HTC Desire HD, but all the ones with unlimited everything are €80+...ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

Did you read the post above your last one. Flexfix 25 from 3 gives 3000 texts to any network, 200 mins to any network, 500mb data and 3000 3 to 3 calls for €25 per month:

http://www.three.ie/products_services/priceplans/billpay/flexifix_plans.html

Walkman wrote: »
    Did you read the post above your last one. Flexfix 25 from 3 gives 3000 texts to any network, 200 mins to any network, 500mb data and 3000 3 to 3 calls for €25 per month:

http://www.three.ie/products_services/priceplans/billpay/flexifix_plans.html

I did check that out but the HTC Desire HD is still €419 which is way too much.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Sugartri

You wont get a smartphone for anything less than €40 a month. Thats the minimum for a smartphone on billpay. Unless you go with 3 flexi fix which starts at €25 a month but you pay more for the handset. I found that 3 did the best billpay deal when I was buying my iphone 4. I pay 40 a month for minutes etc I never use up and paid €280 for 32g handset.

I'm now looking at Bill Pay Smart €30 (which is €25 per month once signed up for online) with an 18 month contract.

The HTC Desire HD is €250 and then €25 a month which is perfect for me.

It has free calls and texts to Meteor which is all I want really but I just saw that it's an online offer for 12 months. So am I begoing to be put in the limits of 200 texts and 200 minutes a month for the last 6 months?
    Anyone have any experience with this?
    I think I'm nearly better sticking to PAYG, and may go a bit more the phone then originally planed :(
    there's just no good deals for me

Sugartri wrote: »
    You wont get a smartphone for anything less than €40 a month. Thats the minimum for a smartphone on billpay. Unless you go with 3 flexi fix which starts at €25 a month but you pay more for the handset. I found that 3 did the best billpay deal when I was buying my iphone 4. I pay 40 a month for minutes etc I never use up and paid €280 for 32g handset.

Yeah I'm starting to think it's not going to happen for me with bill pay. I guess I just need to find the cheapest Desire HD I can then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

You're getting a good deal in that you're getting a very heavily subsidised phone. If you want to be able to send hundreds of text messages each month for next to nothing, then I'm afraid you're going to have to fork out for the handset up front.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭xtal191

You could buy a second hand Desire HD and just get a sim.

Advertisement