Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

christmas number 1? i think so!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭phill106

Well all those with 02, you g et free itunes credit on a friday as an o2 teat. I will be using one of mine to buy this!
    When is the cutoff date for counting i wonder?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

"no one should buy this until between the ‎19th to the 23rd. All you need is a few thousand to top the charts in Ireland, every download is important though"

this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭demakinz

Brilliant! plus the bridesmaid is a cracker.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

I cried! Brilliant.

No.

If you want to make a mockery of the Christmas Number One, go out and buy John Cage's 4'33 - it's just complete silence.

• Advertisement

Not a mockery, its a great song!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,941 ✭✭✭thebigbiffo

No.

If you want to make a mockery of the Christmas Number One, go out and buy John Cage's 4'33 - it's just complete silence.

tbh, when i heard about that i thought it was a stupid idea. better something totally removed from the standard pop crap but still actually music!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭IITYWYBMAD

Classic...brilliant. Haven't laughed like that in years...

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭ClutchIt

No.

That's making a mockery of music not just the x-factor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

ClutchIt wrote: »
    That's making a mockery of music not just the x-factor

Don't worry - music can stand up for itself! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

fantastic ..... F*ck yer Honda Civic ... I've a Horse outside !!

C'mere .... has Marty featured that on the show liiike ? t'is only fu*kin fabulous.

I love yer man's Michael Jackson dance move in the church!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,023 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Can't imagine there will be enough support for this mainly due to demographics of age and location. The rubberbandits have never produced even a slight chortle from me, I presume because I'm from Dublin I don't understand the humour and I'm 28 so maybe its not even directed at my age group?

The whole thing is kind of similar to the campaign to make Jape's Phil Lynott single the Christmas Number 1 a couple of years back (It didn't make it). Its sort of a Dublin orientated song from a Dublin artist aimed at anyone old enough to remember who Phil Lynott was, in the end it never really picked up much notice outside of Dublin (Great song though!).

Can't imagine there will be enough support for this mainly due to demographics of age and location. The rubberbandits have never produced even a slight chortle from me, I presume because I'm from Dublin I don't understand the humour and I'm 28 so maybe its not even directed at my age group?

The whole thing is kind of similar to the campaign to make Jape's Phil Lynott single the Christmas Number 1 a couple of years back (It didn't make it). Its sort of a Dublin orientated song from a Dublin artist aimed at anyone old enough to remember who Phil Lynott was, in the end it never really picked up much notice outside of Dublin (Great song though!).

Or that thing last year where people tried to get rage against the machine it for christmas number one in the uk. How foolish they were eh!

/inserts sarcasm tag here just in case people don't realise it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

I presume because I'm from Dublin I don't understand the humour and I'm 28 so maybe its not even directed at my age group?

Lots of people from Dublin who are in their mid/late 20's quite enjoy the Rubber Bandits.

They may not be your thing but it's a bit condescending to say you don't get them simply because you're from Dublin, as if humour from anywhere else in Ireland is so radically different to humour from the capital.

phill106 wrote: »
    Or that thing last year where people tried to get rage against the machine it for christmas number one in the uk. How foolish they were eh!

/inserts sarcasm tag here just in case people don't realise it.

Different song, different reasons. My whole point being that I couldnt see this song going viral like RATM for reasons outlined above. Just sayin is all

Lots of people from Dublin who are in their mid/late 20's quite enjoy the Rubber Bandits.

They may not be your thing but it's a bit condescending to say you don't get them simply because you're from Dublin, as if humour from anywhere else in Ireland is so radically different to humour from the capital.

Of course many people from Dublin like rubberbandits. I was just coming up with theories as to why I didn't find it humorous?

I love Hardy Bucks and they are from Mayo but they arent really obviously from Mayo, could be any small rural town in country really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Of course many people from Dublin like rubberbandits. I was just coming up with theories as to why I didn't find it humorous?

I love Hardy Bucks and they are from Mayo but they arent really obviously from Mayo, could be any small rural town in country really.

I dunno - I'd say Hardy Bucks use as much if not more Mayo specific phrases and references as the Bandits do Limerick ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,925 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Sorry... I don't get it.

Is it meant to be particularly funny or catchy? Not for me at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Panda

Im surprised that some of the dubs of boards.ie dont appreciate this.

You've got the drugs, members of the travelling community, honda civics and horses.
    Its practically a remake of "Into the West"!

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

basquille wrote: »
    Is it meant to be particularly funny or catchy?

*checks notes*

I believe so yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Saila

Adam wrote: »
    "no one should buy this until between the ‎19th to the 23rd. All you need is a few thousand to top the charts in Ireland, every download is important though"

if thats true, you can see how all the shite x factor music makes it :rolleyes:
    thats worrying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Jagle

love the comments on youtube about 40% of em are just asking for the bridsmaids facebok page haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

Jagle wrote: »
    love the comments on youtube about 40% of em are just asking for the bridsmaids facebok page haha

It should be higher. She is class.

There's a quality bird in the audience too, black haired girl at 2 mins in.

Not that I've been obsessively watching it for the women are anything....

It should be higher. She is class.

There's a quality bird in the audience too, black haired girl at 2 mins in.

Not that I've been obsessively watching it for the women are anything....

haha ya she isnt bad, the grooms girlfriend that is haha
    i ment the bird at 2 minutes in not the bridesmaid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭fikay

Should have taken a horse

Limerick Citttyyy!

well done very funny, but eh bit too soon i reckon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

Jagle wrote: »

Well someone set up a fan page for her on facebook

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

The only good thing about the video is the bridesmaid!

Wont ever beat the likes of bag of glue!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Classic video! Hope it gets No.1.

Advertisement